Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on this site mainly lurking now I have a question. I have a PT745 Pro and the factory magazines will not lock in place. I went to the range yesterday and it just started happening. I looked and it appears that part of the locking mechanism is broken. I am already in the process of sending it back for repairs. I just wanted to know if any one else has experienced this problem. I really like the gun and it is fairly new. It is less than a year old and has less than 1000 rds thru it, mainly WWB with maybe 15 Hornady +p loads thrown in. I really feel like the part broke kind of quickly. Again this is not a flame of Taurus. I own more than just this one and have for the most part have always been pleased with them. Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this or if it is a reoccuring problem. I know that any brand is subject to have a part break. Any responses would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you haven't sent it off yet, you might want to hold off. I had a problem with mine on my Mil Pro and when I called Taurus I was told to send it in also. After hearing from others about extremely long turn-around time for repairs, I really didn't want to pay for shipping or have my gun out forever to do a 5 minute fix. I told the Taurus rep. that and asked them to send me the part. The mag release arrived, free of charge, about 2 weeks later and I had it fixed in a matter of minutes. I'm not familiar with the PT745, but take a good look at your pistol and the parts breakdown. The mag release should be an easily removed item that you can install yourself.

·
Registered
80 Posts
A second on the calling and asking for the part. They will send it free, as long as they know that you know what you are talking about. The problem is common in all handguns of all makes. Parts wear out and occasionaly break. I have never broke one but seen many broke. Don't worry about it you may go another 10,000 rounds before you break another. Usually just a bad cast

·
Administrator
40,684 Posts
Yep, call and ask them to send you the part. I broke the locking block in a PT92 sometime back. They wanted me to send the broken part and they sent a new one back. Took about 10 days total.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the responses. I'll be working 12's thru the 11th so it will have to wait until then for me to make the call

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.