Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum from Northern California, I just purchased a pt92 in stainless which is my first handgun. I love it so far, such a great gun. My question is if there is anything I can get to make it have night sights? I have a friend who has a glock17 and he has glow in the dark sights. I think they are sweet so if you have any ideas that would be appreciated. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Welcome from DFW, Texas!! An excellent choice for a first gun, and glad you could smuggle it into CA. :D Now the bad news... after-market sight options, especially night sights, seem to be quite limited. Since the front sight is forged into the slide, and the front sight is the primary focus, there isn't much you can easily do. Rear tritiums won't help if you can't see the front. Since the rear sights are secondary, here is what I know about front sight options... I've tried some bright, neon like, and luminescent paint with limited improvement. Not a good enough improvement to plug them by name here. :( You might do just as well, for less $$ to try some bright nail polish or model paint. Check a local hobby shop. Once, I thought I saw a slip-on type front sight, somewhere on the web, but can't find it again. If $$ is no object, you can have the front sight drilled out, and a tritium insert installed, or go with the LaserMax guide rod laser set-up. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but hopefully someone with better experience can help us both out. ZX

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net and congratulations on your acquisition of one of Taurus' finest pistols!

Sorry I can't help you with your question about the night sights.

I recommend that you start by reading the FAQ section, and check out the information on the sticky topics found at the top of each section’s page; where you will find a wealth of information which will give you a jump-start as a new member.

Be sure to check in each day, for there will always be new and interesting threads to read and participate in.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
A warm welcome from North Texas and congratulations on your purchase. I suggest you find a trainer who will teach you proper and safe handling of your new pistol. Instead of Tritium sights, learn to use it properly and practice frequently, then get some training in night and low-light shooting (yep, in the dark). A good tactical school should be able to help you for what you were going to spend on the cool sights. Skill trumps gadgets every time!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky to the forum. Great choice for a first gun. As mentioned, with practice, you will pull your gun into sight without having to think about it or even seeing the sights.

Reactions: here2serve

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
A great choice for your first firearm. I have dubbed my own PT 92 stainless "my special favorite". As for your question I thinks it has been answered but I would like to point out that in a low light situation if you can not get a good sight picture, then you probably can not see your target well enough to safely fire at it.

Reactions: Lmstncwby

·
Registered
29,842 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.

Yes night sights can be fitted to your a M-92.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico. I have a PT99 and so far what Zylo-X stated is all that I have been able to find as far as night sites go. Unfortunately to get either of these it will cost almost as much as the gun (325 and up). I will also watch this thread to see if any one can identify other options. But as others have said, if you practice enough, it will become second nature to draw/aim your gun to be good enough for self defense shooting at night.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I am definitely going to get some self defense training in low light situations, truthfully I am looking for night sights more as a conversation piece than anything. Like Mknight said the sights are useless if you can't see your target. I appreciate everyones help so far, everyone is so friendly on this site. I have seen other forums where people just bash on each other like they are superior than the person writing the thread.

And to ZK I did not run the risk of "smuggling" the PT92 into CA I purchased the 10+1 version :(.... but who knows maybe i will "stumble" upon some larger capacity mags

1 - 11 of 11 Posts