Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here,
Thanks to you all for the wealth of info on the PT145. You have made it possible to do my homework before taking the plunge on a new SS PT145. I must admit that I was a bit skeptical about making the purchase after reading the posts in the complaint section and other user review sites. I think the 150+ comments on "PT145 owners post here" showed me that the majority of PT 145 are quite satisfied. I know I am.
I have only had time to run one box of WWB 230 through the gun, not a torture test by any means, but it functioned flawlessly. Recoil is quite manageable as the fit and feel are great. The Heinie sights required some adjustment on my part as I am more used to the 6 o'clock hold. But, they put 'em where you point 'em as long as you remember to cover the target with the front post. Shoots to center, not left or right. About 2 1/2 group at 7 yds off hand with my old eyes. More than acceptable for my purposes. Hopefully will tighten with further practice and some new glasses. Sights were clear but target was a bit fuzzy.Thanks again to you all.

Administrator
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

The more you use the straight 8 sights, the sooner they will become second nature to you, just like three dot. I can change between the to without a thought.

Go on over to the member introduction board and introduce yourself.

Registered
flung lead, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

I have the same gun and it is my daily carry weapon. It's a great little gun with a big punch.

Registered
I've only put about twice as many through my PT145 as you and I love it. I need to get out and shoot some more. Maybe this week after work.

Welcome!

Registered
Welcome from Colorado Springs and happy shooing. Thanks for the range report. Let us know how she continues to shoot.

Registered
Welcome from another noob!

I love my PT145, has yet to fail me, and it puts the lead where I point every time even at 15 yards! Impressive for me and the shorty barrel.

Registered
Welcome from western PA.Thanks for the report and I think you will be very happy with your new PT145. I have the PT111 and the PT140 . Love them both

Registered
Welcome from Ohio, where men are men and sheep are scared.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts