Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it has been over 25 years since I have owed a revolver, I have a new Model 65 .357. I have some snap caps I was using to dry fire with and noticed that the cartridges seem loose in the cylinder, meanig the slip out real easy.

They slip in and out just a fraction of an inch when pointing the gun up and then down. I put in some actual live cartridges and they do the same thing, they actually rattle when doing this quickly.

I can't remember if this is normal or not. Someone elighten me please!

·
Administrator
36,043 Posts
Just wait until you run some hot 357 magnum 125 grain Federal ammo through there - you'll be wondering why you can't push the ejector rod and get those shells out of there.......until they cool down some. LOL

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
texastaurusguy said:
Just wait until you run some hot 357 magnum 125 grain Federal ammo through there - you'll be wondering why you can't push the ejector rod and get those shells out of there.......until they cool down some. LOL
Sounds like something I will need to experience!

·
Super Moderator
36,149 Posts
Yeah, the frame at the firing pin assures proper head spacing. You're good to go. Don't fire a LOT of 125 grain stuff, hard on the gun. I load a nice hot, but not too hot 158 gas checked SWC for my .357 practice. It's not hard on the gun, yet it makes a good bang and puts up some good velocity numbers out of a 4" gun or more.

·
Administrator
36,043 Posts
The 125 grainers are fun to fire off, but they are pretty hard on the gun......and I wouldn't want to experience them in a snubbie.....the SWC does make a pretty round hole in the paper, though.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
The 125 grainers are fun to fire off, but they are pretty hard on the gun......and I wouldn't want to experience them in a snubbie.....
Ahhh....c'mon. It's not that bad. ;) I can get off 100 rounds of Remington 125 gr JSP's in a session out of my S&W M&P 340. (13.3 ounces) :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.