Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm itchin to try a .40 S&W and someone came into the shop where I work, with tales and legends of glory regarding his PT-92 9mm. The guy is a very knowledgeable and talented young shooter (IDPA, safety courses as a hired marksman for S&B). He had the gun with him; I was impressed. And I have started looking longingly at one of the PT 100 or 101s tricked out with gold trim or rosewood grips, or the "dark gun" with rose grips. We carry on the hip in the shop, so I try to carry what we sell and like (the eye catching versions when possible), in hopes of creating interest and discussion with customers.

So, on the real side; can anybody offer some feedback with regard to performance of the .40 version as compared to the well regarded 92s? thanks -- bowhair

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
I own a PT101SS. I have had it for several years now. It's been fired with
several different kinds of factory ammo, as well as lots of reloaded ammo.
It's an excellent shooting pistol, one of my favorite .40 caliber guns.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, MPanova and locknload. I'm feeling real good about purchasing this gun; it'll be a thorn in my buddie's side (which adds to the fun in the equation). He's always been very skeptical of Taurus' reliability; kinda hearsay myth time ... never owned one himself. He's a diehard Glock guy. Great guns( I carried a 30 for 2 yrs) but they just don't feel relaxed in my hand.

Looking forward to finding out about them personally. -- bowhair

Talked to another guy Friday at the shop who owns Beretta's as a collector and has 92s in Beretta and Taurus. He can't tell much difference, but thinks his Taurus maybe shoots a little better than his Beretta.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Bowhair,

The more we've talked about it, the more I've been debating one as well. Though for some reason, I'm drawn to the model with the gold accents and mother-of-pearl grips. Go figure. :D

·
32,696 Posts
Nothing like having a gun that " makes a stement". Individualaility in a pistol is a fun thing to have.

The difference in accuracy between Berettas and Taurus models may not be that significant and may be more the person behind the gun.

Magazine articles seem to indicate the two companies products seem similar or close enough in that department as to make it a personal call as to which to get.

Can be a case by case basis for accuracy for the various models.

So it wouldn't be surprising that in some tests Berettas might outshoot a Taurus one time and in another set of testing Taurus comes out the winner.

Wouldn't surprise anyone if the Taurus does have a slight edge though. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts