Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am positing this mainly for any other newbie’s considering the Taurus Millennium Pro III, PT111.

I have to admit that I was a little nervous about my choice of a Taurus semi auto due to the low cost of this weapon and the many negative comments on misc. web sites.

I purchased this gun as a self defense weapon for me and my family and for a little fun at the range and plinking.

I took my new PT111 to the range today for the first time, and I am happy to report that it ate up 200 rounds of cheap, Wall Mart special, Winchester white box, 115 grain FMJ and one magazine full of Winchester 147 grain JHP (my carry round) with no problems at all.
My grouping could have been better but I am quite sure that is a product of an inexperience shooter, not the gun.

Again, for anyone new to self defense weapons and concerned protecting your family and yourself, I am one of you, and so far I am very pleased with the purchase of this gun. It is very concealable (I am 6’6” tall so my size helps) my IWB holster from Cross Breed and after my first 200+ rounds I will be recommending the Taurus Millennium Pro family to and friends.
I will keep you updated if my opinion of this guns changes as time goes on.
:)

·
32,576 Posts
Welcome to the forums from one PT111 owner to another. There's little worry about as far as the Tauri family goes. There are a tons of useful info here, staff and members who tell it really is, and a knowledgable base of owners from every walk of life.

Do recomend that You start out by reading all the FAQs,old, and new threads to get up to speed if not done already.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=2418.0

Once the gun is broken in correctly there should be little or no worry.
"Conventional wisdom" at the general gun forums is not wise where negative info on Taurus is concerned. Owners of Taurus have been telling the truth at the gun forums anyway. There's a lot of bias towards not onlyTaurus, but other brands, makes and models that is undeserved.

So welcome again and jump in anywhere.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Welcome from Arizona... :D

nice post..that is what alot of guys need sometimes....some guys will really make you doubt your gun on many forums...this one ...however..is loaded with great info and the guys are real in here...
Have fun :shooter:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Welcome es. You'll like it here.
I get the same feedback about carrying a Bersa. I've had the exact same number of failures with my Bersas that I've had with my Colt Combat Commander. NONE
Seems some people need to spend at least $500 to feel safe.
That's ok. Let 'em spend away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts