Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. I live just north of Atlanta and grew up with some rifles and shotguns, but sold all that as soon as my first child could start to walk. But now that my youngest is in college, and considering the current anti-gun rhetoric coming down from the top, my wife and I decided that we needed to get a handgun for personal defense while it was still possible. So with our tax return, we splurged on a Taurus PT92.
Firearm Gun Trigger Black Gun barrel
I kinda get a kick in thinking that our current President helped pay for this high-capacity "assault" weapon with my tax return. LOL Because of the all-metal construction of it, it had a nice balance to it that the lighter models didn't have and actually felt lighter and less top-heavy in my hands. And it has a nice balance of stopping power without getting into something so large that my wife would not be able to shoot.

I'm totally disabled with POTS, so I don't get out much and don't need a carry permit. When I'm not researching this new gun, I am a fractal artist and am very interested in technology (big Android fan) and theology - particularly different views of origins. I have both a mobile app review blog and a theology blog. I'm also pretty active on Facebook. You can find all about me at about.me/DanielEaton
Daniel

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! Welcome aboard, just jump in your techie help will be appreciated by us untechies.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from West Texas! Welcome aboard, just jump in your techie help will be appreciated by us untechies.
Will trade tech advice for gun advice ANY day! :) This is my first ever handgun, so it is ALL new to me.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net. You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here.

·
Administrator
40,565 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome aboard, from Dallas, TX!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Super Moderator
21,897 Posts
Welcome from Mid TN. Just jump right in. :)

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Welcome from central Hellaware....

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

BTW I used to live in Woodstock just down the road from Canton. My wife was born in Canton a lived in Cherokee County all her life until I brought her to Texas.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Welcome from StL MO!

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Welcome from Plano TX to the best gun forum on the Internet.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts