Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the Forum and brand new to gun ownership. In fact I still haven't shot my new gun! I'm "in line" to take a gun safety/use course.

My reasons for purchasing my first firearm: 1. Self-defense when at home, or when boondocking in my RV and hiking in remote areas. 2. Target shooting. 3. Sheer orneriness in response to those who say Americans shouldn't own guns.

My reason for joining the Forum: I've got tons to learn and expect to learn a lot from experienced posters here.

And what gun did I select for my first purchase? Nobody more surprised than me to end up with a Tracker 627 .357 magnum revolver. After reading lots of things I set out to purchase a 9 mm semi-automatic pistol. I tried the feel of a few in the store and I just didn't "like" them and there were (for me) too many things to learn. I liked the simplicity of a revolver in operation and maintenance, I liked how it felt in my hand, and it's a gun that seems to match my needs when I'm out in the "boonies."

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
A wheelgun is a great choice - you pull the trigger, it goes "bang!" - No problem!

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hello and Welcome from the Ozark Mtns of Arkansas. Great choice on the 627. I shoot the M66 357 you see in my signature.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello from Ontario Canada. Hopefully you love your wheelgun as much as I love mine.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net. You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here. Congratulations on getting yourself a Tracker, my
first handgun was a Tracker in .45 Long Colt. I really liked that gun, sometimes I wish I
hadn't traded it in to get the Raging Bull I now own. Instead, I wish I'd saved the money to
buy the Raging Bull and kept the Tracker too.

·
Administrator
40,346 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Good for you for signing up for a safety course for your first gun.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nice choice, my first was a 4" .357. Once I found a nine with a good grip it got a permanent spot in my nightstand because the nine holds SO much more and is easier to fire and more accurate for me. I do like your reasons.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts