Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruger

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site yesterday (on Saturday) it looks like a real good site. I am new to guns so I need some advice.Would the 24/7 be a good ccw weapon to carry. Its going to be Taurus or Ruger.I am leaning towards the Taurus because its lighter.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Taurusnewguy....
Welcome to the forum. If you will do a search in the concealed carry threads you will get some great advice. Hope that you will find a Taurus that fits your needs. I am a transplanted Hoosier (Fulton County) that arrived in Texas in 1952 as Studebaker was winding down. Dad needed work. Again, welcome to the forum

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, glad you could join us. There are probably some who carry the 24/7 for the CCW though Taurus offers a line of concealed carry pistols in their Millennium Pro series.

http://www.taurususa.com/products/gunselector-results.cfm?series=MP1

With those you're not sacrificing much in the way of capacity while still being enabled to carry a true sub-compact.

Best Wishes :)

·
32,653 Posts
Weclome to the forum. And........ You're up to your armpits in forum members and staff who are Ruger owners as well as Taurus. So one can get info on all aspects of both brands.

Do have the PT111 Mil/pro, the 24/7's cousin, but you may be looking for something bigger and the 24/7 fits that bill.

Now for some major homework, if it hasn't been done already.

Do recommend that the FAQ board be gone over thoroughly. Then on to the old or recent threads at most of the boards. This includes Smithing,CCW, and ammo boards as well. There's even ome Ruger threads floating around if you do a search under that title. One caveat. If you do a search and are at a particlar board, that is where the search will take place.

The hompage is where to be for general searches when that tab is used.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Welcome!

I carry the 24/7 .45 every single day and it is a great CCW IMO, I am a large guy though so hiding it on my frame is fairly easy. I used to carry my Ruger P90 years ago and although I could keep it conceled it was not very comfortable, it is a bit bulky and thick, it has quite a few angles that pock you when you sit or bend a lot, and it is a bit on the heavy side, plus mine only holds 7+1. The 24/7 is slimmer, lighter, less edgy, and holds 12+1. Both of them are well made and 100% reliable so it comes down to which one you feel more comfortable wearing and which one you shoot better really ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts