Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings From The Lone Star State! I bought a Millennium Pro 45 several tears ago. I went through the problems of the clips and had them replaced. Now I would like to replace the funky 8 sights on them with regular 3 point sights. I would appreciate any feed back from anybody on what is available and where I can get them for the best price The S/N is NCP49058.

I know there are many on here that are proficient with these stock sights...I however claim Chronic Senior Moments...LOL

Thanks Everybody,
Have a blessed and safe day!:)

PS The guy on the assembly line must have been crossed eyed because the front sight was so far to the left I could barely hit the target...lol

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Greetings From The Lone Star State! I bought a Millennium Pro 45 several tears ago. I went through the problems of the clips and had them replaced. Now I would like to replace the funky 8 sights on them with regular 3 point sights. I would appreciate any feed back from anybody on what is available and where I can get them for the best price The S/N is NCP49058.

I know there are many on here that are proficient with these stock sights...I however claim Chronic Senior Moments...LOL

Thanks Everybody,
Have a blessed and safe day!:)

PS The guy on the assembly line must have been crossed eyed because the front sight was so far to the left I could barely hit the target...lol
Welcome from a fellow Texan!

Are you talking about replacing the stock sights with other Taurus sights? I can't help you there but I have replaced my originals on a PT145 with Williams Fire Sights and have ordered another set from https://secure.discountgunmart.com/...For-Taurus-PT-Series-Dovetail-Type-70897.html

These are for weapons with the dovetail sights and are the cheapest I've been able to find in my limited searches. That might be something to consider.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome from NC. As others have said. You can get cheap replacements (<$20) if you call up Taurus but I've heard the are on backorder. You can also go a firesight route if you want a set of fiber optics (low light tubes) on it for a decent price if you don't want to wait on Taurus to ship them to you.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Mid-TN

I own a Taurus PT-609, which is in the MilPro family. It has the single eight sights.
I was not initially doing too well shooting with them, so called Taurus Cust Service, and they sent me the 3 dot sight setup for my pistol.
But, with more practice, I got good with the single eight setup, so left it in place. Go Figure!!
I still have my 3 dot front and rear sights, and can change them over at a later date if I want to.
Hmmm..., maybe I should just try them out anyway, and compare the results. LOL!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
As discussed call Taurus and ask for the Novak rear sight. They cost about $15 shipped and swap out in 5 mins. The front stays the same.

Also be sure you are using the correct sight picture. Cover the target with the front dot, not a 6 0'clock hold like many other sights. The PT145 also requires a very firm grip.

Reactions: Blueaussie

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome from Dallas!
Sounds like our resident experts are chiming in with some great ideas already, so I'll leave it to them!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
I'm too late for the input...but not too late to welcome you to the finest handgun forum on the World Wide Web. ;)

I love my PT145!

Firearm Gun Trigger Starting pistol Airsoft gun
:wub:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.