Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , I am new to this site but not to new to the 5 or 6 Taurus handguns I have owned over the years. I must say I;ve had some mixed results with there Qaulity and workmanship. I just bought a pt111G2 a couple of weeks ago and I;m having trouble with Taurus service dept. The gun shoots good and has a nice patern about 3" at 25yards, anyway thats good for me ,but the problem is the sights won;t adgust for enough to the right to get my pattern behind the sights. So I called there service department to see if they had any sights that would have more agustment then the factory sight. They said they would send me one out.About a week later here comes the new sight with NO adjustmentat all Just 2 white dots and a single hole in it to screw it to the slide oh and they sent a new screw. And scinse its only a 1/2" wide it doesn't even cover the top of the slide. I don't no what gun it would be for but it has No ajustability at all. So I call them back and they said that they don't have any in stock and I will have to wait for there next supply shippment from Brazil and if theres one on that boat they will send it out to me. So i ask whens that due to arrive ? She said the end of next month January, If one comes in at all. I asked will it have more ajustment than the one that came on it, she says no it will just be a stock rear sight. OK well I have one of them that came on the gun so maybe I should send the gun back to you people so you can install a new barrel and slde because as great as this gun shoots I can not get the sight to move past its stopping point. She said no on sendind the gun back till she sends me another sight to try because the one on it may have been defective. I guess she could be right about that but it doesn't look defective. So here a sit with a gun I realy like if i coud just get some sights that would work. Does anyone know if I can buy a aftermarket sight that would fit this thing It is slightly dove tailed but not to anyones standrad like a S&W or Kahr or Sig and Springfeild XD's that I have in my stable now. I think its pure Taurus the front sight is peged so I can't do anything there except spin it alittle because its also loose. I know this has been a verry long story but you folks out there in these forums know more about these gun than the people who answer the phone at Taurus's service desk. So if you know away out of this mess please reply. Thanks [email protected].

Registered
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine"state.

State of "1 MILLION 150 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

Lots of PT-111 G2 fans here including yours truly.

Registered
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

Super Moderator
Welcome from Mid TN! come on in and set a spell!! :) Try what Smokewagaon said thats probably the best start.

Millennium (Pro) Pistols

Premium Member
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Registered
Welcome from East Texas.

Super Moderator
to the forum from the Florida Keys! :wave:

Registered
Welcome from North Carolina!

belly.jpg

Registered
Welcome to the Forum from North Texas! :wave: Glad you could join us! :) It sounds like you need to adjust your grip. You may be over gripping and also pushing the trigger back to the left. I have the same problem with compact pistols myself; they tend to shoot left, too. It isn't the sights.

Reactions: mingaa

Registered
Welcome from Northern Oklahoma.

Registered
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net! You are going to find
some friendly and knowledgeable people here.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts