Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
32,481 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Have you decided or narrowed things down to a model of revolver or semi-auto? If so which ones?

Reading the FAQs and browsing old and recent threads could be very helpful.

Do not take problems people are having with their guns as degrading the guns. All mechanical tools can have problems and do. Most troubles are easily fixed and are, operator error, or do to being unfamiliar with a type, make or model.

As a Hi-point owner( I'm assuming here. ;D) that I suppose is obvious to you.

Hi-point, Taurus, and Ruger semi-autos are considered the Rodney Dangerfields of guns.
" Can't get no respect. Can't get no respect, I tell you".

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah I have been looking at the Mil Pro PT111 a few of the guys in the Hi-Point forum have them and seam to like them. Don’t worry I wont judge a gun until I get a chance to try it.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) Unfortunately Hi-Points (unjustly) receive about as much flak as Taurus firearms as Qwiks Draw pointed out but hey, if the Taurus or Hi-Point has a problem, you ship it back to the respective manufacturer and they fix it for free! Customer service at it's finest. ;D

I've read on other forums that Kel-Tec has great customer service too. :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Cheap highpoint? You by any chance own a Highpoint? I have one in 9mm, it appears cheap to look at, but actually it is a rather nice pistol regardless of the very, very affordable price and funky looks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I do own a Hi-Point C9, and I love it. But it is not the C9 that is cheap it is me. I don’t like spending more on a good firearm then I have to.

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Everyone I talk to says Hi Points are reliable and shoot well, but I just can't get past the ugly. LOL They have a lot of bashers that have never owned one, sorta reminds me of a few other brands. I got off a few major gun boards to get away from bashers. You already know how good your Hi Point works for you. I've had no bad experiences with Taurus. Some folks bash a product just to hear themselves yap, but I think it's a "beat the Jones'" attitude, my stuff's better'n your stuff. or "I paid more for my stuff so it's better". To me, that just shows me how stupid the guy is that paid more when I can get it done for less, sometimes even better. :D

Hmm, did that make sense? ROFL! Anyway, welcome, Taurus or not. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts