Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have made goals for next year? I normally make a big list but it's short this year and is as follows:

1. Make Major. All I can do is pray for this
2. Get in the best shape of my life and complete a triathlon (the novice level not the full blown event).
3. Be debt free and save a good portion of my money.
4. Give more
5. Laugh, love and be at peace

How about you guys?

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
How many of you have made goals for next year? I normally make a big list but it's short this year and is as follows:

1. Make Major. All I can do is pray for this
2. Get in the best shape of my life and complete a triathlon (the novice level not the full blown event).
3. Be debt free and save a good portion of my money.
4. Give more
5. Laugh, love and be at peace

How about you guys?
Excellent, dcc! Good luck!
Me - loose weight (ha-ha!) and wake up every day with a smile on my face!

·
Registered
21,111 Posts
The building my new job is in has a new gym and since I don't have to report until 8am I guess I'm going to be at the gym most days at 630

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using TapatalkI

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
I turn 70 this year! Damn.... I don't feel 70!

Anyhow, I put back a bit of weight I had lost a couple of years ago, and that has to go. It makes me tired too fast, and I'm sure it is contributing to some minor but nagging lower back pain. There's only one way for me to lose that weight- No alcohol, increased activity and home gym workouts. (Very fortunately, I do not have to concern myself with diet. My wife cooks excellent, healthy dinners for us, and all I need do is lay off the snacks- especially the bedtime sweets.)

Other than that, I will be ready to compete for the best looking 70 year old on the island come April!!

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Well my list is short:
1) Get in better shape, which will only happen if I cut out snacks, work out and drink way more water than coffee.
2) Help my Wife out with making and maintaining a garden out the back yard, which may help 1) above. I also think that having a self sustaining food source, like "preppers" talk about is a good idea.. like to know how to keep planting "something" that you can live on.
3) Start studying for ITIL or PMP and pass certification this year. Both are project management certifications, although PMP is more sought after and more difficult to obtain.
4) Is to read the whole Bible in a year. Some one gave me a guide.. not sure that I can do that 100%, but I will try.
5) To keep my security mind set sharp by learning new analytical methods.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I have not made a new years resolution in probably well over 40 years. Had an old man tell me if I put things off till the new year I probably wouldn't do anything then either. He was right so I just bite the bullet and go for it. A few years back I was at the 300 pound mark and have lost 100 of it. Some of that 100 several times. For whatever reason that last 20 to get to 180 is just hanging tough. I feel better, no back, hip,knees,etc pain along with anything else that moves. So I know another 20 would be gravy. It ain't new years, it is on going but would like to finally get back there after all these years.

·
Registered
24,610 Posts
Live my life and enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
1 - Get back in shape
2 - Don't let stupid stuff bother me -- like traffic. Is it really that bad to have to sit in a comfortable modern automobile where I can listen to The Ticket and have my AC or heater on depending on how it feels outside?
3 - Continue to work on that student debt. Half way there.
4 - Continue to work on all that other debt. Use cash this year, no plastic!

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
There are a thousand tiny ones, but mainly get into shape and lose weight.

If I can't loose the weight, at least redistribute it across my body.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Hoping for the 4th Star before the end of the year.
Does not look promising unless I stay up 24/7 and post like heck!
292 to go in 4 days.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts