Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to see this. I sent the ones they incorrectly sent me for my 3rd gen PT111 back 3 weeks ago and never even heard back from them if they will credit me or send me the new ones that were supposed to be ready 'soon'.

Guess they are ready.

I popped them in and I like them. I wanted to put them in my PT145 that I normally carry, but the rear sight on that one has a stripped allenhead screw in it. (It was stripped already before I tried to losen it), so I put it in my extremenly warm-weather carry piece. The PT111.

Here is a pic that does not do it justice. The rear red's are actually RED in real life and the front light green.

I'm gonna put a hundred rounds through it tomorrow .

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Whats the link to order them? will they work on the 24/7 or just the Mil Pro's?

Can you give us a few more pictures from different angles?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Those sights are the CATS MEOW!!!!! Almost luminous! VERY bright. We fired it today and they we're pretty well spot on from the get-go.

Pics:

The last photo was a few feet away. You can see how bright the sights are! Awesome looking. I loved them and might get a set for my PT-145 when it returns from Taurus.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
How'd they shoot? Are you on target, etc.?

Are they metal or plastic? How was the install? Do they fit the dovetail exactly? Since they don't have two diff. order codes on the site how do you specify 3rd Gen. Mil Pro? They look really bright but how is target alignment?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Can you take a pic from the top, like a birds eye view? Also I wonder if they will work on the 24/7? Where is Richard when ya need him

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are metal and fit perfectly.

I did not have to adjust them, just placed them perfectly in the middle of the dovetails.

At 25feet they were pretty well on. I am used to shooting my pt145 mainly so I was a bit off on my game with the pt111 but it hit a bit low. So I had to aim the front dot slightly above the rear dots to get on target. Pretty cool though I will get a set for my pt145 soon too.

I'd call them in person when ordering as originally they sent me the wrong sights even though the website said otherwise.

On another note I'll be selling my pt111 3rd gen with 600 rounds through it. ;D
I just don't shoot this 9mm much.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
MPanova said:
Also I wonder if they will work on the 24/7?
Williams Gun Sight Company---(800) 530-9028

They will be more than happy to assist you with this question. Even though they only list the Mil Pros, I would bet they would fit on the 24/7 considering the dovetails on both firearms are identical according to measurements of my 24/7 and PT145.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I was going to call and ask them but I was also worried they might not know or say they will work and they dont, since they already send this guy the wrong sights once haha, I was hoping someone that had both could try to swop them between each other and see if they are exactly the same, you say you measured your 24/7 and PT145, are the doves exactly the same in every way?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I talked to them last week and they said they shipped out an all green set for the Taurus dove tail on Wednesday. Ill post up pics when I get them ;)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure of the size, I have a ton of Allen head wrenches from when I work on other guns/rifles, but be CAREFUL not to strip the screw in the sights.
If it's stripped, you are SCREWED. Please don't ask me how I know, now that I have a set here for my PT145. :-[

·
Registered
75 Posts
when i look at my sights from the top (dovetails) i don't see an allen head in there; could be my eyes...

what size worked?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Different sizes for the heine sights and the williams sights...the smallest 3 ASE sizes i could find.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts