Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little self-promotion and Taurus promotion! I've been carrying this Taurus PT-111 Millennium Pro in my front pocket for years, and it just plain works. It's precise, comfortable to shoot, and very reliable. Yeah, it has a few drawbacks, but you'll see those in the video. In the course of showing off the functionality of the pistol, I demonstrate drawing and shooting from the pocket, a few Mozambique drills at 5 yards or so, and a 19-yard accuracy test.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Great video! I have the G2 version and really like it. Many fans of the PT 111 here, regardless of which version. I'll check out your YouTube page.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
cat welcome to group.jpg

Nice video too!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Love the beginning! Well done!

·
Registered
24,601 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota. I enjoyed you video very much. I have the PT111G2 and I love it.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Very well done. I have it's big brother, the PT145 gen 3 and it's (actually "they" as I bought a second) been perfect and I carry one them every day I put on pants... and have for the last 4 years. Not a single malfunction with either. My first one has close to 2000 rounds through it now and the 2nd only has 3 or 400.

Oh... and welcome to the forum! From Kansas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Someday I'll have to give the G2 Millennium a go-'round on the range. I don't mind the trigger safety on Glocks; I imagine I won't notice it on the G2.

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And thanks for the welcome, guys! I've owned a few Tauruses, including the 9mm 24/7 OSS, the 608 revolver, and the 66 revolver. I'm always impressed by how well Taurus firearms shoot; great accuracy and great triggers.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I very much dislike trigger safeties too, but I have the G2 & Taurus did a great job on this one. You hardly even notice it's there.

Nice job on the video.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Good Video I like it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice to know, PTDOUDE. I haven't heard anyone complaining about the G2 trigger safety yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good video! I have two PT111 G2s (one blue, one FDE), and I love them!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How bizarre, shoopdawhoop. Both mags rattle under those conditions?

·
Registered
497 Posts
How bizarre, shoopdawhoop. Both mags rattle under those conditions?
It doesn't always happen but it always can on an odd number of rounds. Others have experienced it as well. I found loading while tapping the mag to seat rounds a few times can sometimes mitigate the issue. Of course I always carry with 12+1 so it's not an issue except at the range.

·
8,534 Posts
Great review. Thanks for sharing. I have been thinking about using video to do mine. Maybe I missed it , what kind of recorder did you use?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts