Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got it the other day. 2001 model. The UC has the 3.5" bull barrel. Has the older style guide rod and single recoil spring. SA later "upgraded" the model to a dual spring setup. I ordered the dual spring setup today from SA and they included the take down tool. Should be much easier to reassemble with the new system. This pistol has the ILS locking system which I don't really care for, therefore, I also ordered a new standard style officer arched blue msh and guts from Smith & Alexander. That will also give me choices of mainspring weights and better availability of parts. Got it disassembled and cleaned. Nastiest firearm I've ever seen short of some in the military. Lots of grime and sand grit. Think it was one of those sitting under the ol' truck seat. Have everything sitting in a small bucket of oil til my new parts come in. Here's a couple of pics prior to disassembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
looking good, have fun with it. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Nice, after the clean up, give us a range report. Gun that nice has to be a real shooter.

·
Super Moderator
26,964 Posts
i like that

·
22,301 Posts
DSC01186.JPG

Can't wait for the range report!

·
Registered
36,310 Posts
Congrats bama!
I have a Springfield Micro compact, its about a 2003 -04 model I think. it has tritium 3 dot sights, dual recoil springs and a few other goodies.
mines a alloy frame and definitely not for those faint of heart or recoil/muzzle blast shy.
the darned thing is just a great performer an accurate
Started out with Thin grips on It, not the cross cannons, I ended up with Hogues on it for better feel/control.
I carried it for a while which is really where they shine.
I would not hesitate to carry it with no second thought at all.
Springfield Is also excellent in customer care, or at least they have been with me.
enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats bama!
I have a Springfield Micro compact, its about a 2003 -04 model I think. it has tritium 3 dot sights, dual recoil springs and a few other goodies.
mines a alloy frame and definitely not for those faint of heart or recoil/muzzle blast shy.
the darned thing is just a great performer an accurate
Started out with Thin grips on It, not the cross cannons, I ended up with Hogues on it for better feel/control.
I carried it for a while which is really where they shine.
I would not hesitate to carry it with no second thought at all.
Springfield Is also excellent in customer care, or at least they have been with me.
enjoy.
Thanks buddy. Should have known you had that Springer. Another dang photo op! :D Sweet looking pistol.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice pick up, I'm curious how the recoil is.
Thanks. I'm curious too. I also have a flat bottom oversized firing pin stop I might fit to it; just depends on how it does. Probably about 2 weeks I figure before all the parts arrive, assemble, fire. Pretty anxious to see how it does.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I love Officer Sized 1911's. I gave my brother one of the Rocks, Kept one and have my favorite, a Metro Arms Amigo. Just fit my hand perfectly.

Bill

Reactions: bamashooter
1 - 15 of 15 Posts