Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a new TX22 from my FFL today, ran a boresnake with some Hoppes through the barrel and after a very close inspection, was glad to see there were no chatter marks at all... :)

Barrel has no markings other than .22LR on one side and is a flat 'chalkboard'-like finish on the outside.

Serial 1PT512xxx, no manual safety model

·
Registered
665 Posts
I also have the TX22 without a manual safety and a good barrel, which I purchased a year ago. Benchrests 3" groups at 25 yards. I just added a Competition upper with a Holosun 407C X2 that benchrests an inch at 25 yards. I did install a Tandemkross trigger, a lighter trigger spring an honed the striker contact for a 2.5lb pull.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have the TX22 without a manual safety and a good barrel, which I purchased a year ago. Benchrests 3" groups at 25 yards. I just added a Competition upper with a Holosun 407C X2 that benchrests an inch at 25 yards. I did install a Tandemkross trigger, a lighter trigger spring an honed the striker contact for a 2.5lb pull.
So MAYBE...Taurus has finally gotten past the bad barrel problem...??

·
Registered
39 Posts
So from you posting you know something about TX22 issues. Did you order a Lakeline recoil spring and guide assembly with Delrin buffer to prevent damage to the slide that occue to sharp cut edge on the end of the OEM spring?

If not using Lakeline product then I would recommend using a steel file to remove the sharp edge on the OEM spring.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So from you posting you know something about TX22 issues. Did you order a Lakeline recoil spring and guide assembly with Delrin buffer to prevent damage to the slide that occue to sharp cut edge on the end of the OEM spring?

If not using Lakeline product then I would recommend using a steel file to remove the sharp edge on the OEM spring.
No. I use a TX22 Recoil Spring Washer on my factory recoil assembly to prevent any damage from the spring. However, I DO use the Lakeline Hardened Steel Striker and highly recommend it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No. I use a TX22 Recoil Spring Washer on my factory recoil assembly to prevent any damage from the spring. However, I DO use the Lakeline Hardened Steel Striker and highly recommend it.
Is that the washer that is sold on eBay?

If so, one photo makes it look like it could be mounted between spring and end of guide rod but I don't know how that would be possible. Another photo shows the washer in the slide by itself. So do you install the washer by putting it into the slide first and then insert the recoil spring and guide assembly?

I would assume that if the washer is first inserted into the slide first then the spring will be compress a very small amount but should not increase the tension on the spring significantly so should not negatively affect the cycling of the slide.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Is that the washer that is sold on eBay for $9 plus $1 shipping?

If so, one photo makes it look like it could be mounted between spring and end of guide rod but I don't know how that would be possible. Another photo shows the washer in the slide by itself. So do you install the washer by putting it into the slide first and then insert the recoil spring and guide assembly?

I would assume that if the washer is first inserted into the slide first then the spring will be compress a very small amount but should not increase the tension on the spring significantly so should not negatively affect the cycling of the slide.
That's the one but sales are not allowed here. Contact through that site.

Just wanted to point out that the TX22s are shipping with (hopefully) good barrels now, at least the one I got did...

·
Registered
39 Posts
[QUOTE="SpeedBuggy, post: 5805438, member: 83357"
Just wanted to point out that the TX22s are shipping with (hopefully) good barrels now, at least the one I got did...
[/QUOTE]

Can you please answer my question regarding how the washer fits in the pistol?

Looking back in forums I see back TX22 barrels were reported back in 2019. Some posters claimed Taurus switched to a different supplier after many barrels were found to be defective. I bought my TX22 in December of 2021 and assumed that the barrel supplier or Taurus or both had solved the manufacturing process issue and hopefully added inspection. But I still see someone report a defective barrel on one of the two TX22 Facebook groups every month or so. It may often start out with them or someone else noticing keyholing. So I am not sure that all the barrels are good.

I had a number of issues with my TX22 barrel. Polishing the feed ramp may have reduced the number of failures but I still got some rounds with the bullets jammed into the top of the chamber opening until I removed the visible transition points on the ramp. This went way beyond polishing and I would not recommend that others do this. If I had to do over I think I should have sent the pistol and mags back to Taurus as I isolated two other failures to the original mags once I bought more new mags. Taurus replaced the two original mags. The pistol is now operating reliably.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is that the washer that is sold on eBay?

I got 2 of these washers, they are split, you just pull the spring back a bit and roll the washer on the end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
[QUOTE="SpeedBuggy, post: 5805438, member: 83357"
Can you please answer my question regarding how the washer fits in the pistol?

Looking back in forums I see back TX22 barrels were reported back in 2019. Some posters claimed Taurus switched to a different supplier after many barrels were found to be defective. I bought my TX22 in December of 2021 and assumed that the barrel supplier or Taurus or both had solved the manufacturing process issue and hopefully added inspection. But I still see someone report a defective barrel on one of the two TX22 Facebook groups every month or so. It may often start out with them or someone else noticing keyholing. So I am not sure that all the barrels are good.

I had a number of issues with my TX22 barrel. Polishing the feed ramp may have reduced the number of failures but I still got some rounds with the bullets jammed into the top of the chamber opening until I removed the visible transition points on the ramp. This went way beyond polishing and I would not recommend that others do this. If I had to do over I think I should have sent the pistol and mags back to Taurus as I isolated two other failures to the original mags once I bought more new mags. Taurus replaced the two original mags. The pistol is now operating reliably.
[/QUOTE]
Its a split washer that you just pull the spring back and roll the washer on. It comes with a pictured instruction sheet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts