Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I stopped by the gun shop to check on a Henry Mare's Leg that has been on order simce last year and it still isn't in. They didn't have my Henry and they didn't have a S&W Shield, but this little guy followed me out to my truck so I had to take it home.
It's a Spingfield XDs in 45 ACP! Everyone knows I just couldn't let it stay there without a home! It's happier in my safe than in a glass case ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Very clean lines on that weapon. I like it.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Cool!!! Let us know when you get to take it to the range!;)

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Congratulations on your xd

·
Registered
730 Posts
op, I love you ya like a brother. So let me say this.... You will not like it at all. So I will be happy to take it off your hands for free. I am just looking after you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
op, I love you ya like a brother. So let me say this.... You will not like it at all. So I will be happy to take it off your hands for free. I am just looking after you.
Well, I must be wierd or something, because I took it to the range today and ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT! Even though I got my support hand a little to close and the slide bit me. That's OK though, we made up and I put a box of Blazer's through it without a single problem. I figured if it ran those OK I should be able to put anything in it without a problem. I would trust my life with it! Really glad I brought it home.;)

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Soo glad you had a good range session! How's your slide bite? it's happened to me a few times, too!

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Well, I must be wierd or something, because I took it to the range today and ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT! Even though I got my support hand a little to close and the slide bit me. That's OK though, we made up and I put a box of Blazer's through it without a single problem. I figured if it ran those OK I should be able to put anything in it without a problem. I would trust my life with it! Really glad I brought it home.;)
:happy:Great score, friend!:happy:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sweet firearm, congrats.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Very nice score (and awesome of you not to leave it stranded :D ),my friend! I've read those are really nice "little" pistols :D

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well to answer a few posts in one, the recoil isn't bad at all. Even one handed was no problem. One thing I did learn however was, don't get your support hand (actually thumb) in the way of the slide. Granted you'll only do this once but it still smarts! All in all I am very very glad I bought it. By the way, I was talking to the customer support lady to register it and she said the 9mm version is coming soon. :)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Very nice! Congrats!
I've heard some good things about the XDs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts