Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Bought a new toy to add to my collection this past Monday. I got a new S&W 642 .38 Special shrouded with Crimson Trace grips. Haven't been able to take it out back to shoot
it yet. Can't wait. Hope to take it out this week-end. I compared this to the Taurus 85. I
tried the triggers on both models and liked the Smith a whole lot better. The wife had tried the trigger pull on both of these models before and could barely pull the trigger on the Taurus. Plan on this pistol for pocket carry. Excited! :)

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Give that M85 some time to break-in, it might surprise you down the road. My M85's trigger is great.

However, you can't really go wrong with a 642 for pocket carry. Let us know how it goes.

Steelheart

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was rtying some 44 mags out and the thing I noticed the most was the trigger pull. The s&w was smooth and the ruger seemed to have a hitch in it. I really like the redhawk so I am still trying to decide. The point is the s&w revolvers do seem to have very smooth trigger pulls.
Harry

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase! Maybe later on you can post some pics of your new Smith in the gallery section?

Best Wishes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts