Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a pt145 for 219.00 yes thats the right price no typo NIB put 50 rnds through her what a fun gun to shoot. A little low and to the left (thats probably me) no hiccups at all w/185 grain rem. love this gun! :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Did you get the stainless slide or the blued one?

Post a pic...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yea, what up with the low n left?? I recently got my Pt140 Mil Pro NIB (not for such a sweet deal however) and I too am plinking low and left. Don't much care for the Heinie sights, how about you?

Here's a pic...

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
massiveattack said:
Yea, what up with the low n left?? I recently got my Pt140 Mil Pro NIB (not for such a sweet deal however) and I too am plinking low and left. Don't much care for the Heinie sights, how about you?

Here's a pic...
Seems to be very common, I have had same problem with my PT111, For me I had to change the grip (or my grip) to make it stop that. I am not shooting consistently low and left like I was. Now I am all over the target, But a couple of them were dead center. So I am getting there!! I did add the Handall Jr. grip to mine, which changed my hold on the gun. The rest is just grip, trigger pull, and bad aim in my book. OH I hate the Heinies too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys no pics yet I'M at work , but i will work on it. Stainless slide NIB no HPs yet

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I dont really care for the heinie sights they kinda remind me of military sights (like on M9) which I learned and I'm determined to learn these sights. I never thought about grip I'll try it I thought it was my trigger pull ,getting used to dao.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've ran Winchester JHP's with no problems, as well as Cor-Bon +P's (what I carry) and Hornaday TAP. Varying gr bullets.

·
32,790 Posts

"Da Professor"

Re: Heinie Sights, adjusted aim after reading Posts
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 09:11:48 AM » Quote Modify Remove Split Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People who to whom DAO or for that matter any type of handgun can shoot off center for any number of reasons.

Two suggestions usually made are for one to have a mentor to assist.Someone who is watching ,knowledgeable, and can give positive criticism or feedback is indespensible. This way bad habits are addressed right away before they develope or stopped right then and there.Makes one more proficient and confident in their abilitiies.

Second suggestion is in the links:
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=3266.0
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=2872.msg21251#msg21251

For the above link click on the" bullseye target" link that pops up. This should be on drummin man's post. One can make targets out of it.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=1780.0

Glad to hear about the improvement in POI and your shooting.Keep at it.

This stuff is also for others and yourself to consider.

Here's some stuff that might help for those getting used to DAO triggers and the sights.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the great info It'll just take time and practice to learn but thats the fun of shooting .It's just kinda weird because w/my sig228 I'm dead on and I consider myself a pretty good shot.

·
32,790 Posts
SIGs are nice guns. Problem being that DAO of Taurus is different enough from what the SIG triggers are like. Nature of the beast as far as DAO guns go. Every brand, make and model of DAO are just different enough to need a mindset for each type on a case by case basis.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=2418.0
FAQs on the Heinie sights might be of use also.

Practice, dedication, time, and experience get the DAO crowd to par and keep them there. ;)

Became proficient with revolvers at first. Then had to learn and use a new mindset for the traditional DA/SA pistols. Then had to re-adjust when the PT111 Mil/pro DAO trigger came into being. Having a revolver background and experience helped somewhat, but there are still enough vagaries to get used to. Just goes with the territory. :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
marc145 said:
I just purchased a pt145 for 219.00 yes thats the right price no typo NIB put 50 rnds through her what a fun gun to shoot. A little low and to the left (thats probably me) no hiccups at all w/185 grain rem. love this gun! :)
Congratulations, you got that PT-145 for a steal. :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
That is awesome!...I mean, for a girl. I wonder if there is an untapped market our there for girly guns??

·
32,790 Posts
Women shooters are now becoming prolific more than ever. Have been for a decade or so. Maybe more. Almost half of the bullseye shooters in this area are female. Up over 50% for this location.

Female gun purchasers make up a large part of the market now days.

Women are also beginning to realize that they are responsible for their own safety and not to depend on others for it.

S&W has had the Ladysmith line of guns for women for some 3 decades or more. And S&W is selling more to women than ever before. Other manufacturers are picking up on that and running with it in various ways.

With corrosion resistant coatings that were the domain of custom gun builders or metal workers know standard among some gun companies competition is fierce. Most colors of the rainbow can now be had for a few dollars more on a factory model. At least with some gun companies.

Taurus picked up on that and is running with it in various ways.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oops! Sorry guys, i posted my previoius reply in the wrong topic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.