Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 24/7 g2 9 for a couple years now and have issues with steel cased ammo catching in the mag. Do you guys have any suggestions besides "stop using steel cased ammo"? I recently switched to frog lube and man is that stuff slick. I put some in the mag, helped some but still seems to catch a bit.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from TEXAS

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, I have not shot any steel case through mine so I can't give any advice. Maybe someone who has will come along shortly and provide some tips for you.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
It maybe with something with your ejector. Give Taurus a call and see if they will send you another one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The ammo cycles throught gun with noprobs, it's just like the steel is rough enough to catch on itself maybe. That is the only issue at all that i have had with this weapon, and it only is a prob when loading the mag. When firing it jiggles the mag enough that the ammo moves up as needed. Not really a big prob cause i wouldn't use steel as self defense anyway, it's just a bit annoying when i have to tap the mag to get the ammo to move down sometimes. Again this is only with steel cased.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I can't help you with your question, but I can say that we're pleased to have you as a member of this fine forum. :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
So you only have issues loading the steal case stuff? or do you have failure to feed problems with it as well?
if its only a loading issue, you could try a Uplula mag loader. Also, you could check the inside of mag well for raised spots/burs that cold be slightly sanded.

Have you tried different brand of steel cases or just only a single brand like tulammo?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Welcome from StL. MO!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It looks like it was just the one box of the wpa ammo that was a problem, the other boxes I have have a bit smoother cases and load into the mag smoother. Luckily I have been bartering my Kydex holsters that I make for rounds and money, so I now have quite a bit more brass ammo witch means I can safely go out and run my steel and get rid of it.

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
I do not have the 24/7 to make a comparison with but my Mil-Pro .45 does not mind steel case and neither does my sons Ruger SR9c.

I guess it has to do with each gun.

Hopefully someone here may have a solution as it could be something simple.

And, before I forget, Welcome from northeastern Kentucky! :wave:

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA.... 1 Smiley Hello.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts