Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I came across a taurus 17 hmr stainless revolver today. I want to purchase it to go with my 22 mag 941 snubby and 4" barrel models. Upon doing research on the 17 I came across the Taurus website that showed the particular gun. the taurus website showed that the gun was a tracker model with a 6.5" barrel, However this is my question. The gun Im going to purchase is a Tracker model, but has Limited on the Barrel beside the Tracker stamp, and it is an 8" barrel. were these only made for a short time? or am i missing something? I cannot find anything about a "limited" 17hmr with an 8" barrel. someone please help. also what would a good price be for the limited? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
I believe the gun you have has an 8 and 3/8 inch barrel...

It is a standard Model 17 Tracker and was produced in 2004. The gun was/is offered with a 6 and 1/2 inch barrel and was also offered with the longer 8 and 3/8 inch barrel only in 2004. The gun was also offered in that year only with a duo-tone finish. I have never seen one of those.

There is no appreciable increase in value due to the longer barrel because, in general, there is very little collectible interest in Taurus firearms at this point.

Blue Book of Gun Values (32nd Edition, page 1918), shows the gun as worth $320 at 98%, $250 at 90%, and $200 at 80%. With the current spike in gun values driven by our present political situation I would expect to pay an inflated price. Also be aware that the .17 HMR is not a particularly "popular" caliber and you are dealing in a niche market.

Here is a review I posted on my .17 HMR tracker....

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/taurus-revolvers/87648-taurus-17-hmr-review.html

Hope this helps you out a bit.

Don

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Yeah. Congrats on your new pistola. And welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got another Question what is a snub nosed 17 mach 2 Taurus value blued got a chance to get one of those too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts