Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the 24/7 G2 Compact 9mm about a week ago. Already put around 75 rounds through it. Love it with no problems at the firing range. My only problem with the G2 Compact is that I am farsighted, and have trouble focusing on the sights with the gun. I have looked everywhere on this forum and I can tell it is hard to find aftermarket sights for these. I see where a few of you have mentioned the advantage tacticle. Does anybody have these on a 24/7 G2 Compact, and do you like them. (Would love to see some pictures of the advantage tactical on a 24/7 G2 Compact). I need somthing bright on both the front and rear. Love the look of the truglo, but I can tell they do not make these for my gun. Here are some pictures of my 24/7 G2 Compact and 709 Slim. Some of you may also be interested in my Grandfather's 1903 Colt .32 Hammerless Automatic. He left it to me when I bought his house. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Congrats on the 24/7 G2C 9mm! I like the 24/7 G2C pistols, too. I'm gonna get one in 9mm and one in .45 when things cool down a bit.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have a G2C 9mm also. Put about 600 rounds thru it so far. Love the feel of it in my hand. Light weight and nimble. Stock sights.

i am far sighted also. Yes, sighting is an issue. I actually wear a single focus contact in one eye for reading, my dominate eye.
i practiced shooting with one eye typically. Last time at the range I shot both eyes open. Worked pretty well for me. The sight is visible enough to get aligned and on target.

You just have to be able to see the sight dots in line, a little out of focus, and the intended target behind them. You can practice at home with the gun unloaded. Sight with both eyes open and then close the weak eye. See if you are lined up.

Just took my CCW last weekend. Qualified while shooting both eyes open. My best grouping to date.

i, too, am looking for new sights, but have not gotten any yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts