Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm gunshowed and shopped to death. I traded a cW45 (plastic and guns don't impress me) for a PT1911 SS. friggin love it.
However the sights are a joke for anything over 10 yards. Maybe these Hiene Sights are for 10 yards, I don't know- but at 25 yards, i have to cover the bullseye to where i cant see it and shoot.
OK so what sights are suppose to be on these guns? I read thru the FAQ list, does anyone have the magic number for this, thanks.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Hello from Piqua Ohio sorry I can't help you with your sight question but someone will be along to help you out soon enough.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hello from Eastern Washington.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am also a new Taurus owner. Just got my PT-1911AR on friday. Ran 5 mags through it to "re-format" the computer's hard drive so i could get rid of the old Gateway. Mine came with Novak sights. I bought it from Bud'sGunShop, but it was drop shipped direct from Taurus I believe. I have seen blase reviews about the Heine sights. Does Taurus use Novak instead now? Looking forward to using this forum

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.

Ignore the sight dots, and practice proper sight alignment/sight picture and your 1911 "will" hit center mass at 25 yards and beyond.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Daytona Beach, FL

·
Administrator
40,090 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

Congrats on the SS PT1911. :thumb: I love mine. Some folks like the straight eights, some don't. I personally don't have a problem with them, so I've left 'em. There are some here that have changed their sights to traditional Novak sights.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.:wave:

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!