Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to vent a bit but I'm sure others can relate.
I'm not new to carrying a pistol. I'm not comfortable using a pistol for carry until I've had plenty of time to sight it in and get comfortable with it. How can i get comfortable with my new pt111 g2 with all this ammo shortage?? I can see it now.... All the craze with people getting their carry permits and buying their first pistol gives me this thought... if those people actually have to use their pistol in high stress situation how will they react?? Will they fumble with the sidearm, will they pause after first recoil, will their sights be off and will target acquisition be the "one eye closed" approach that new shooters do in the range? I'm glad i have pistols which I'm comfortable with to protect my family.

·
Registered
676 Posts
:cool:..welcome to the forum

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I'm not new to carrying a pistol. I'm not comfortable using a pistol for carry until I've had plenty of time to sight it in and get comfortable with it. How can i get comfortable with my new pt111 g2 with all this ammo shortage?? I can see it now.... All the craze with people getting their carry permits and buying their first pistol gives me this thought... if those people actually have to use their pistol in high stress situation how will they react?? Will they fumble with the sidearm, will they pause after first recoil, will their sights be off and will target acquisition be the "one eye closed" approach that new shooters do in the range? I'm glad i have pistols which I'm comfortable with to protect my family.
Welcome to the forum! Have you visited the Lounge?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. 9 mm ammo are scarce as common sense down here in South Louisiana!

...........bobby

·
Registered
44 Posts
The ammo will come back. There is no ammo shortage. The factories are working overtime, some 7 days a week to keep up. The ammo isn't the issue. It is flat out hoarders, and gougers causing the problem. Once the price gouging settles down, and the idiots get over their little freak out it will all come around. This crap has happened before, and it will happen again. There is no ammo shortage, there is a common sense shortage. Welcome in from Minnesota, land of the bullet hoarding nutfest. :)

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
UHHH, can you use your other ammo for your Taurus or are you caliber deficient? ;););););)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Welcome from West Texas

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. I now realize i should have posted this in the lounge :(
I do have 9mm +p laying around but the target rounds are just not available around here other than at the range. The prices of rounds at the range are the same price as buying protection rounds.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah the prices are out of line. I went to the range today and lit off around 350 rounds. Stopped into Flaw-Mart in Eden Prairie on the way home and saw .40 S&W target loads for 27 bucks. Even Flaw-Mart is out of hand. It will come back though. I have no doubt.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
I hope you enjoy your G2 as much as I enjoy mine... welcome to the forum by the way!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
:wave: hi hindle and welcome. good to have you here.

·
Registered
586 Posts
When the democrats stop harassing the gun owners, then maybe we will see ammo at the stores again. Each time I go to Walmart and see no ammo, then I go to another store to do my shopping.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ammo can be found if you are persistent. I was fortunate enough to pick up 500 rounds of American Eagle 9mm LUGER 124 Grain FMJ at Cabelas for 35.37 cents per round ($176.85 delivered). Ordered on Mar 5th, arrived on Mar 8th. Just happened to be at the right place at the right time. It didn't last long.

·
Registered
783 Posts
The ammo will come back. There is no ammo shortage. The factories are working overtime, some 7 days a week to keep up. The ammo isn't the issue. It is flat out hoarders, and gougers causing the problem. Once the price gouging settles down, and the idiots get over their little freak out it will all come around. This crap has happened before, and it will happen again. There is no ammo shortage, there is a common sense shortage. Welcome in from Minnesota, land of the bullet hoarding nutfest. :)

AND

to the​

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

It's getting better, I scooped up a 250 mega pack of Remington UMC for $99 two weeks ago and of course you never shoot your defensive rounds except when making sure they run the gun right.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts