Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi i am new to Taurus firearms. I just bought a pt 1911 homeland defender. I would welcome any insight to this magnificent piece. I have had a hard time getting any info from Taurus website. Honestly it's the best $500 I have spent on a firearm! Hope to talk with anyone that has solid info and maybe help me date the year of manufacturing.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Hello, and welcome to TaurusArmed.net, the firearms forum where you'll find a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips.

Our members are easy to get to know, and are most willing to share their experiences and wisdom with those who seek it.

Also, our forum moderation team does an excellent job of maintaining decorum and order in a fair and impartial way.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Welcome to the club from North Carolina!

One thing I like about Taurus' website is they don't have all the fluff and patting themselves on the back.

They give specs and say what the gun is supposed to do. And that's it. If you ever really stop and think what most advertiser's sites say..it's just added extra "nothing" to sell their product. " Some men are tough and eat cow hooves for breakfast with a side of gravel and a cup of 10W-40 to wash it down. Then they go out and shoot "X'" guns.

Okay, we know the guy is tough, but what does that say about the gun? Nothing except freaks of nature like it! :cool:

So welcome to the best sight on earth . It's the best because we are like family in that we love our Taurus's , but will talk about the issues they have, the problems we encounter and what we did to fix it and will share it with you.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Welcome from the crabby state of Maryland! Congratulations on your purchase of that fine pistol! There are alot of happy Taurus 1911 owners here on TA.net.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Gulf Coast Florida!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Administrator
40,176 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
29,949 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine"state.

State of "1 MILLION 150 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
24,809 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome from Dallas, TX!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
1 Smiley Hello.gif Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Welcome. You have purchased THE best value 1911 pm the market. I can easily take out bowling pins at 50 yards with it and it's my nightstand gun. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Welcome from StL. MO!!! :cool:

·
8,823 Posts
Welcome to the best forum on the web from Texas. Wow you got a HD PT1911! Those are very nice. Welcome to the addiction known as 1911itus, the only cure is to buy another 1911. Oh and

18410You_forgot_to_post_pictures_of_your_new_weapon_son_.gif

1 - 20 of 63 Posts