Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to sigh "Hi" to the folks on here. I'm 52, former Marine (no such thing as an ex-Marine), firearm user since I was old enough to support one (grew up in southern Alabama!), and a Taurus pistol lover! On my second PT-140/.40; a friend liked my previous one so much that after a few years I finally sold it to him and recently purchased one in stainless this time, manufactured in February, 2013. Love at first squeeze...again!

Glad to be on a forum where folks realize the quality of Taurus (since they've really tightened their quality/control) and refuse to believe they are excellent firearms - that's their problem though!

Just a few things about me:

-Former Marine, so I'm obsessive about keeping my firearms clean, and a fanatic when it comes to my self-defense pistol.
-I'm not a professional range shooter; I have a Remington 20 gauge I've had for years, and a mint condition 1894 Winchester 30/30 "shoulder buster" - handed down on my dads' side - for other uses. The reason I have my Taurus PT-140 .40 cal. is for those folks that want to come too close to me or those I love, or within 20 feet of me in my privately-owned spaces; as long as I can put a chest-tight group from 20 feet or closer consistently in different situations, it's my best friend.
-Field biologist by training and profession; love the outdoors - I'll spend my time behind a desk when I'm too old to hump it through the field under any conditions.
-Started carrying my PT-140 after a couple of incidents/discoveries of meth labs and pot fields while alone cruising timber or conducting other field work where no one would find me for days if something happened. It was the ATF that actually recommended that I do this! :thumb:
-I love snakes, especially Kingsnakes - but at times I do have to dispatch with the cottonmouth, etc. that keeps coming back to the door.

And I love my Taurus....!

One quick question that I'll post in the right thread, but any quick suggestions for a ITW holster for the small of my back - I've been carrying it cross draw with about a 10% cant but when doing field work I find it more secure in the small of my back.

Take care folks...

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Welcome from StL. MO!!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Howdy howdy from SE Georgia

My Marine buddies would argue that there is no such thing as a "former" Marine either - once a Marine, always a Marine.

IWB holster recommendation:
http://theisholsters.com/
He makes nice belts also.

Sent from my Eludium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

Thank you for your service to our country.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
WELCOME
From NE Florida’s “first coast”
Middleburg that is!
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Administrator
40,588 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Welcome from west texas from a Navy man and Viet Nam vet. You might also try Stoner holsters but they will charge $10 extra for a behind the back with a cant. But they make a pretty good holster if you get one of theirs I recommend adding the stainless hold open because their leather is pretty pliable and will squish up. BTW I too love field work as I'm a field Geologist.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Wanted to sigh "Hi" to the folks on here. I'm 52, former Marine (no such thing as an ex-Marine), firearm user since I was old enough to support one (grew up in southern Alabama!), and a Taurus pistol lover! On my second PT-140/.40; a friend liked my previous one so much that after a few years I finally sold it to him and recently purchased one in stainless this time, manufactured in February, 2013. Love at first squeeze...again!

Glad to be on a forum where folks realize the quality of Taurus (since they've really tightened their quality/control) and refuse to believe they are excellent firearms - that's their problem though!

Just a few things about me:

-Former Marine, so I'm obsessive about keeping my firearms clean, and a fanatic when it comes to my self-defense pistol.
-I'm not a professional range shooter; I have a Remington 20 gauge I've had for years, and a mint condition 1894 Winchester 30/30 "shoulder buster" - handed down on my dads' side - for other uses. The reason I have my Taurus PT-140 .40 cal. is for those folks that want to come too close to me or those I love, or within 20 feet of me in my privately-owned spaces; as long as I can put a chest-tight group from 20 feet or closer consistently in different situations, it's my best friend.
-Field biologist by training and profession; love the outdoors - I'll spend my time behind a desk when I'm too old to hump it through the field under any conditions.
-Started carrying my PT-140 after a couple of incidents/discoveries of meth labs and pot fields while alone cruising timber or conducting other field work where no one would find me for days if something happened. It was the ATF that actually recommended that I do this! :thumb:
-I love snakes, especially Kingsnakes - but at times I do have to dispatch with the cottonmouth, etc. that keeps coming back to the door.

And I love my Taurus....!

One quick question that I'll post in the right thread, but any quick suggestions for a ITW holster for the small of my back - I've been carrying it cross draw with about a 10% cant but when doing field work I find it more secure in the small of my back.

Take care folks...
Hello from Texas and Semper Fi.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net! You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts