Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i just baught a used mil pro in 40 cal with the blue slide as a truck gun its got some holster wear but i like that its a good sighn of good use cant wait to try it out, whats a good grain bullet for the small huns with short barrels? do lighter bullets expand better out of shorter barrels? thanks for any info

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also mine has a consistant dao trigger and my serial prefix is SWBxxx what gen is my gun it was baught new in 2003 and does any one know where i can get an extra mag for it

·
Registered
80 Posts
You can tell from the picture of the grip panel it is a pro version and since it has a dao pull, it is a second generation.

You can pick a clip up of an ebay store, or directly from taurus. You will spend up to 40 dollars due to the fact these are not welded magazines they are made by the same metallurgic process of forging that the majority of the gun is.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I haven't heard of a current production load thats bad in 40. That said, I still recommend a premium bullet over a generic type (ie Winchester White Box JHP's). The current crop of loads should work just fine out of the shorter barrel length. To be on the safe side I'd take a look at the mid weight stuff, 150 to 165 grains.

As long as it feeds reliably and you can hit with it you will be fine. The slight differences in effectiveness between the quality loads will never be noticed. Your hit locations will matter much more.

As far as getting a reliable magazine, I'd either get an actual Taurus mag (some shops do stock them) or Mec-Gar (they make OEM mags for several major manufacturers). Yes you can find cheaper mags but if this is something you are going to trust you life and the lives of those you care about, get the quality mags. For a cheap range/practice mag that you WILL NOT trust you life to, there is other stuff out there.

Steelheart

·
Registered
80 Posts
A second on the taurus only mag as I said above. The ebay thing was the ebay store that carries factory taurus mags. These guns are carefully designed to be light but carry punch. Inferior mags such as promag will fail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts