Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
35,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for two guns - a 45-70 lever action rifle and a full sized high capacity 45acp. I stopped in Plano today at Gunmaster and the guy explained to me that since Marlin isn't up and running yet, Henry is about the only choice unless I run into some Japanese or Turkish made guns which are even more expensive. They only had 9mm so I drove down to the shooting range about a mile away and while they had no 45-70's at all, they did have the number one hi cap 45 pistol on my list, a Springfield XDM Service model. It has a 13 round capacity and comes with two mags. The sights are your standard fiberoptic front sight and regular 2-dot rear sights. I'll probably change them out soon to tritium sights. It's a very gently used gun, it was sold on consignment and I can't tell the difference in it and a brand new XDM.

I was tempted to buy a 1911 I saw but it has a black barrel and the only way I would have bought another 1911 was if it had a stainless barrel. Besides, I wanted a high capacity and this one fits the bill very nicely.

Some pics, I may get it out this week and put some rounds downrange.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Administrator
18,648 Posts
Very very Nice! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :)

A shooting buddy of mine has one and I've shot it a bit. I found it to be nicely accurate. It's his Home Defense Pistol.
Were I to decide to buy yet another .45 ACP Pistol, one of these would be high on the list of preferences.

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Administrator
35,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very very Nice! :cool: Congratulations and may it serve you well! :)

A shooting buddy of mine has one and I've shot it a bit. I found it to be nicely accurate. It's his Home Defense Pistol.
Were I to decide to buy yet another .45 ACP Pistol, one of these would be high on the list of preferences.
Yes, my list was short, the Springfield XDM was at the top of the list followed by the S&W M&P 45, followed by the Glock 21. I actually saw a Glock but they don't point naturally for me, but I might have bought it if I hadn't run across this one.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Administrator
41,060 Posts
That's a handsome pistola! Congrats!

Reactions: texastaurusguy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts