Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My only new gun this year. A buddy of mine is always flipping guns. He was lining up a trade to get a Ruger 9mm 1911. He sent me a pic of it, like he does most things that go through his hands. My other 1911's are a GSG 22lr and an early first generation Sig GSR 45. I got the Sig used around end of 2012. I have barely shot it and it sits in the safe. So I offered to trade my buddy for the Ruger 9mm. I figured I would shoot it more since I rarely have any 45 on hand to shoot anyway. It came with Crimson Trace grips, which aren't really my style. So I ordered some new ones off Ebay. Won an au tion for these grips for $12 shipped.

Btw, if anyone is looking for some crimson trace grips, check the classifieds. :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
20,091 Posts
Nice looking gun. I’ve got the 45ACP version which has diagonal cocking serrations whereas yours has chevron serrations.

Let us know how you like it.

I’ll check the classifieds as I’m a big CTC fan.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Very nice!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
37,134 Posts
May be a "BEST BUY" in todays 1911 market.
IF they would chamber this sweety in 38 Super they could hook me.-------:hooked:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Sweet very nice.:cool:

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Very nice I especially like the chevron serrations very nice pistol

·
23,277 Posts
Wow, that's sharp! I'd definitely trade a Sig for that!

Reactions: youngandfree

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got to shoot it this weekend. It shoots nice. I noticed the drawback to the lighter recoil spring. Advantage is slide is easy to work. Downside is I could feel the slide slamming back and forth. I was only shooting federal brass 115g from walmart. That's the only detractor I read about these was the recoil spring and that getting one a bit heavier smoothes things out and makes it run well. I'm happy with it. My buday tried it and doubled it on his first trigger pull. It caught him off guard. I don't think it's that light myself to do that, but oh well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts