Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I visited the site. I just picked up a M68 and doing some research on it. I'll post a pic soon as I take some. It is blued and it might have had a box of shells through it. The turn ring is very faint. I am wanting to change out the rubber grips to wood and pick up a t-grip for it. Does anybody know which T-grip fits these?

·
Super Moderator
40,478 Posts
I picked up a Rossi M68 at a pawn shop in Miami for $150.00 out the door. It also looks like it has hardly been fired and has the original Rossi wood grips on it. It was one of those you will be sorry if you don't jump on it deals.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
It's been a while since I visited the site. I just picked up a M68 and doing some research on it. I'll post a pic soon as I take some. It is blued and it might have had a box of shells through it. The turn ring is very faint. I am wanting to change out the rubber grips to wood and pick up a t-grip for it. Does anybody know which T-grip fits these?
I would drop them a line and see what they have to say. The Tyler web page is very informative, and I believe that will find your best info there:

Tyler Manufacturing and Distribution Company, Inc

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link RevolverFan. They don't list Rossi for adapters. I guess it will be hit or miss. Talked to a gun smith and he told me the frame size is between a J and K frame S&W. I may just order one and hand fit it.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Thanks for the link RevolverFan. They don't list Rossi for adapters. I guess it will be hit or miss. Talked to a gun smith and he told me the frame size is between a J and K frame S&W. I may just order one and hand fit it.
Try BK Grips, they might be able to help.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Congratulations on your m68 purchase. Mine is in regular rotation as a daily companion depending on that days itinerary. It's mostly for "outdoor" days. I bought mine to be a "truck gun" but it's too nice for that. The only caveat is that the bluing is very thin, and on mine, if I'm not diligent, it will show signs of rust where the cylinder contacts the holster. It shoots 158 gr. standard pressure loads to P.O.A., at least at the short ranges (21 feet or so) that it's designed for. (Y.M.M.V.) I generally keep a snake shot round for "1st up", followed by four Frangible 158 grain T.M.J.s. (Frangible is a compressed powder slug within an enclosed jacket. It is designed to penetrate soft targets, but to not pass through hard objects like walls.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts