Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"New" to me Model 431 3" Blue found spontaneously at a local Pawn Shop...

I make a habit of stopping by local pawn shops to browse the firearms case when I have time. Lately, the pickin's have been slim with all the panic buying going on.

Today, however proved to be VERY productive! Low and behold -- next the the RG revolvers and Bryco / Jennings fare, I see this big bore baby looking back at me. I talked the dealer down to $300 bucks and it left with me promptly.

I looked it over good when I got home and it is pristine -- mint -- like new. Not sure, but I think this one originally shipped with wooden grips -- but I don't care. The Pachmyer "Gripper" feels good in the hand, so I'll leave it alone since it is a square butt.

Serial number search reveals a born on year of 1992. This is the second 1992-era Taurus 44 Special I have scored in local pawn shops this month -- I'm a happy man!

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Nice find!The 3" barrel is perfect for carry and makes a good car/truck gun also.Great price as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've forgotten about pawn shops for firearms, even though I picked up a nice Marlin Model 55 "Goose Gun" years ago in South Carolina.

And they're usually flexible on their prices.

It is Saturday... Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice. I love these guns. Everything you need, and nothing you don't. Try the cci golddots out of her. They seem to shoot very well out of all the 431/441 I've ever encountered. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Nice find! I need to start looking for a .44 Special Taurus just to add to my collection.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
That is one nice piece - and you got it at a great price! I like pachmyer grips, too!! Let us know how it shoots! Thanks for the great pix!

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Some of the best deals I've ever found on firearms were in pawn shops.

Reactions: Twin1300

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Pawn shops generally triple their money on a firearm. If they have it for sale for $350, they prolly paid $75 to $125 for it. That is good to know when haggling over a price. At least that is what a buddy of mine told me and he worked at a pawn shop while in college.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I make a habit of stopping by local pawn shops to browse the firearms case when I have time. Lately, the pickin's have been slim with all the panic buying going on.

Today, however proved to be VERY productive! Low and behold -- next the the RG revolvers and Bryco / Jennings fare, I see this big bore baby looking back at me. I talked the dealer down to $300 bucks and it left with me promptly.

I looked it over good when I got home and it is pristine -- mint -- like new. Not sure, but I think this one originally shipped with wooden grips -- but I don't care. The Pachmyer "Gripper" feels good in the hand, so I'll leave it alone since it is a square butt.

Serial number search reveals a born on year of 1992. This is the second 1992-era Taurus 44 Special I have scored in local pawn shops this month -- I'm a happy man!

Awesome find! I am chasing pawn shops now for a 44 magnum! Congrats

.....................bobby

1 - 14 of 14 Posts