Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a nice G2 at the shop today. It came with the box, 2 mags, etc. It's a 2015 model.
I assume it is part of the unlimited lifetime warranty, since it's made prior to 2017, but I didn't see a place on the website to register my name to it. Does Taurus still do that? I may have overlooked it. I never even tried with my 92.
I didn't get a chance to get to the range, it's in the 90's here today and humid, and I'm a wimp. I've owned an old Millenium Pro 111, and a 145. I just put off getting the G2. I look forward to shooting it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's a Millenium PT-111 G2, should carry the Lifetime Repair policy. It was just recently they transitioned to the G2C. The G2C is basically the same gun without the Taurus Security Lock System, and a one year warranty. Markings and logo are slightly different, but functions the same. Both good firearms. No real need to register it if it's lifetime and transfers with the gun.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Taurus website says "all firearms in production prior to Jan 1, 2017 for lifetime warranty policy." These G2C's were being made before then. Or does it mean any particular serial number made after that date is not eligible?

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Taurus website says "all firearms in production prior to Jan 1, 2017 for lifetime warranty policy." These G2C's were being made before then. Or does it mean any particular serial number made after that date is not eligible?
My bad. The G2C's probably came out after Jan, 2017 as the owners manual specifies a ONE year warranty for G2C/G2S on page 42. It is not apparent on the Taurus website when looking at those models, that the warranty is limited..

Bummer!

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
My bad. The G2C's probably came out after Jan, 2017 as the owners manual specifies a ONE year warranty for G2C/G2S on page 42. It is not apparent on the Taurus website when looking at those models, that the warranty is limited..

Bummer![/QUOTE

I suspect Taurus changed the G2 into the G2C to avoid having to give out the lifetime warranty. There were no significant changes in the 2 models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.