Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my LGS yesterday and saw a lovely "Beretta 92 Compact L", put it through its' paces...then went home to see if it 'called to me'. It did :D

So I get there, and the guy behind the counter (we all know each other) says he's done some trigger work for the original owner to make things smoother (the DA pull is lighter than I remember from shooting a full size 92FS years ago). Very smooth, too, but that's nothing new w/ these. He said he'd be happy to replace the spring if I desired later.

This model has a lanyard, and is decocker only (no safety). Hadn't noticed that yesterday, but that made me like it even more! I don't know if there's anything to be had, info-wise on a "92 Compact L" but if any of you know anything, I'd be grateful to hear (I'll be snooping around as well).!

I really like the WC grip color w/ the blued finish.

20200725_134547_resized.jpg

20200725_134506_resized.jpg

20200725_134315_resized.jpg

·
Super Moderator
35,514 Posts
Very pretty, congratulations! I would have had a hard time leaving it there at the shop also.

Reactions: Valjean

·
Registered
24,497 Posts
Congrats on your new to you slide gun.

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Congratulations on your new to you pistol.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Wow. Those really fantastic looking grips. Ley us know how she shoots.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
The image below is taken directly from the Wilson Combat site. The grips on your purchased appear to be authentic WC grips looks to me. And if they did some work on it you may have just made the purchase of the year!

Attachments

·
Registered
36,019 Posts
That's what I was wondering. Is it just the WC grips or has WC "blessed" it?!
I have a shooting buddy that has a regular sized 92 that was sent to Wilson for upgrades, its the smoothest best shooting 92 /99 that i have ever had the pleasure of driving.
I think it cost him like his Middle SON, course he says that one was his least favorite child anyway so no biggy.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Contact WC and see if the serial# is in their database, maybe?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

I took the gun to the range today and put 100 rounds of 2 different manufacturers' ammos through it. Just a dream to shoot.

I don't *think* WC has done any work on it:

- serial number doesn't start with WC... (as in pic, above). I entered the SN at Beretta's site, and it says it is a 2018 92FS...though the gun/paperwork doesn't have the 'FS'.

- no 'WC' anywhere else on the gun, only the grips.

- the store where I bought it (consignment) has a relationship with the previous owner (who had purchased it new), and the smith at the store did some trigger work on it. Not likely that the owner had the smith change what Wilson provided...but anything is possible, haha!

I did not ask the direct question, "Is this in any way a WC product, outside the grips?" so I will next time I'm in. I'm guessing not, though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts