Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by Gander Mt. on the way home from work to check out what deals they had and a Beretta 96D followed me home.
It was factory refurbish and looked to have very little use. Paid $429.00 + tax, I think it was a good deal. When I got it
home I field stripped and oiled it, It was like new. Came with box, manual, cleaning rod and brush. I hope to get
it to the range next weekend.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
nice, you'll have fun with it im sure, ima big fan of the platform my self as well :D

NYPD in AZ said:
Looks like a Cougar to me.
it's a 96d centurion, a cougar has a closed slide.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
My bad----quite similar however. joe, do you know if the internals are the same as the Cougar?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
no they're actually different inside, the cougar is closer related to the px4 then the 92 series, like the px4 is uses a rotating barrel locking system.

the cougar is discontinued from beretta however Stoeger which is now owned by beretta is currently making black fullsize 8000 and 8040's (9mm & .40 cal) cougars.

beretta shipped the machines to the stoeger factory in turkey and the word on the street is these are very good quality cougars.. they're also selling for a lot less then when they was selling under beretta name, i've seen 8000's going for 330 at a local shop.

the magazines might be a bit problematic trying to find good deals on them.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Yeah, I've seen the Stoeger Cougars for around $325-350 in my area. I'm tempted. The fit and finish looked just as good as my Italian-made 92.

·
Administrator
35,115 Posts
That is a great price around here - I couldn't get a Beretta like that for less than $525.....nice job !!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Beautiful! What pretty guns they are. Good Luck with it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
You will love that gun. I have a 92, and a 9000. Both are great shooters.....

I look forward to adding another to my collection....perhaps a 90-two.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks almost new :eek:. Nice catch!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts