Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, still new to the site but thought I'd share what brought me here. I had been wanting a snubbie in a .357 but wasn't sure if I wanted to get a poly or not. As luck would have it I happen to go into my lgs just planning to window shop and there it sat, between an 82 service and a judge, I likely would have passed it up if not for the bobbed hammer, then I saw the ports on it and decided I had to have it. To be honest I haven't had time to get to the range yet but I suspect it will do just fine. So here is my new 2003 model 617 CIA with ported barrel. Oh, also just ordered a theis holster for it. Firearm Gun Trigger Pink Revolver
Green Pink Material property Magenta Lip gloss

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I own your revolver's twin except I have the full hammer. Congratulations and I hope your snubbie
shoots as well as mine does.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have a 617 DAO in stainless otherwise its just like yours...hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

I rate mine a :rating10:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I have 10 Taurus® revolvers and my Mdl 617SS2 (non-ported & conventional hammer) is my absolute favorite. My gun is also from 2003 & I have over 9000+ rounds through it. It's a GREAT GUN!

Reactions: xlr817

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, really looking forward to seeing how she shoots with those ports in it, but need that holster first. Was really surprised that I couldn't find that many online.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have the blued non ported 617. Would like to hear about the range trip. Ran some 38 +P, it wasn't bad at all. 357 for the next trip

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I love my regular 617 in stainless non-ported and the seven round cylinder just makes it sweeter. IMHO

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still haven't gotten a chance to shoot her, been a busy weekend (trying to find a new grill). What holsters does everyone use? As I mentioned I ordered a Theis IWB, but looking for something outside as well, I picked up a Looper K-frame holster that is just a lil' snug, likely due to the cylinder. It draws easily enough but reholstering has to go in at the right angle, so I am just keeping it in thre for now to see if it will reshape itself a bit.

·
Registered
606 Posts
When I purchased this 617 awhile ago the seller included this holster and a few HKS Speedloaders in the deal. Altho its not tactical-cool, the holster holds the 617 snuggly whether I have the Crimson Trace laser grips or standard grips installed.

Its a Hunter Holster Model 1100-29, and has a belt loop on backside.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've a 617 snubbie as well. Love to shoot mine, usually have it loaded with .38spl+P hollow points.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks guys, really looking forward to seeing how she shoots with those ports in it, but need that holster first. Was really surprised that I couldn't find that many online.
It's a "K" frame size, but the big 7 round cylinder and deep trigger guard mess up the holster equation. Good luck. I had the titanium ported version, and now have the SS non ported. It's a hell of a gun, and the ports DO help. So do those Ribber grips!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts