Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a nice used 431. It has rubber grips, but I would like to put a set of wood grips on. I found a couple of sets on line, but one states it is for a one pin frame and the other fits a three pin frame. Since this is my first Taurus revolver I have no idea which I have. How can I tell? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,716 Posts
First I've ever heard of that on a revolver. That's a term usually used for autoloaders where they are describing the number of pins visible in the frame. Not something normally visible on a revolver. Are there any visible pins? For example:

709g2.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Qwiks Draw, that's where I saw it. The only pins I see are the two grip locating pins at the botton of the grip frame

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
If you're looking at the grips that QD linked to, either will fit, although the 431 came with target grips.

dscn1933.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

This is the way the one I used to own looked.

·
32,533 Posts
We've got a good knowledgeable base of staff and members who know their stuff. Offering assistance to others is part and parcelof the whole package here.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Man, those are all some nice looking wheel-guns guys! Welcome from Indiana OP!

·
Premium Member
11,075 Posts
Mine came with different grips. I'm wondering if the difference is 431 grips vs. 441 grips.
Actually the difference was that the 441 had adjustable sight. Your 431 had a round grip and mine had a square grip like the OPs stainless. Taurus used to have both, the way S&W did back in the day. You could even get a 2 1/2 inch model 66 and a model 65 in the same configurations. Sort of like a S&W model 19 and 13 snubbies. Damn I miss the good ol days.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Congratulations:cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts