Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI EVERYONE FROM .......................PHILLY........................................ Proud owner of a PT24\7 G2 COMPACT 40.New to the gun world so I'll be looking for some help and information in the future ....GREAT Forum

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
mouse_sweeping_welcome.gif From Northeast Florida!!

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Welcome from East Texas.

Since you are new to pistols, I will give you some information I give to each person I try to help learn to shoot.

1. Your new pistol weighs 27 oz empty. With ammunition it will weigh something over 2 pounds.
2. The force required to pull the trigger is probably more than 6 pounds (and could be high as 10-12 pounds, but I doubt that will be the case.)
3. Because of the difference in the weight of the pistol and the force to pull the trigger, it is VERY easy to push or pull the pistol off of the target when you shoot.
4. Practice, Practice, Practice good trigger control!
5. DON'T try to achieve a perfect sight picture and quickly fire. (I guarantee you will miss if you do it this way)
5. Get a good sight picture and hold it as close and steady as you can and then slowly add pressure on the trigger until it fires. (You will know it is going to fire at some point as you keep adding pressure, but you should not know the exact instance ahead of time.)

When you have mastered this, you will be getting a good grouping of your rounds. Then you can work on adding quickness once you have trained yourself to keep good trigger control.

Best wishes for success with your new Taurus.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Welcome from East Texas.

Since you are new to pistols, I will give you some information I give to each person I try to help learn to shoot.

1. Your new pistol weighs 27 oz empty. With ammunition it will weigh something over 2 pounds.
2. The force required to pull the trigger is probably more than 6 pounds (and could be high as 10-12 pounds, but I doubt that will be the case.)
3. Because of the difference in the weight of the pistol and the force to pull the trigger, it is VERY easy to push or pull the pistol off of the target when you shoot.
4. Practice, Practice, Practice good trigger control!
5. DON'T try to achieve a perfect sight picture and quickly fire. (I guarantee you will miss if you do it this way)
5. Get a good sight picture and hold it as close and steady as you can and then slowly add pressure on the trigger until it fires. (You will know it is going to fire at some point as you keep adding pressure, but you should not know the exact instance ahead of time.)

When you have mastered this, you will be getting a good grouping of your rounds. Then you can work on adding quickness once you have trained yourself to keep good trigger control.

Best wishes for success with your new Taurus.
Great advice! That's what you'll get here! Welcome from Missouri!

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Hello from Central North Carolina and welcome to TaurusArmed.net! You are going to find some
friendly and knowledgeable people here.

·
Registered
7,533 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Welcome from StL. MO!!

·
Registered
18,582 Posts
:smile: Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA!

·
Registered
29,862 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine"state.

State of over "1 MILLION 150 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
to the forum from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
​Welcome from Plano TX to the BEST Forum on the Internet!

·
Administrator
39,506 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts