Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to Forum, and relatively new to technology. When I grew up in 60's & 70's the most tech was lifting the tone arm onto the record. Be patient, and gentle I'm an old fart.

Have 1994 year manufactured PT100 pre-ban .40 S&W pistol.

Now that I'm getting older it seems to have gotten heavy like a boat anchor. (34oz empty, with loaded mag 44oz +) Not a carry gun. Looking for sales advice for the whole pile pictured below.

Where do I post this this? Forgot user name doesn't mean anything, just a made up name.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, new to Forum, and relatively new to technology. When I grew up in 60's & 70's the most tech was lifting the tone arm onto the record. Be patient, and gentle I'm an old fart.

Have 1994 year manufactured PT100 pre-ban .40 S&W pistol.

Now that I'm getting older it seems to have gotten heavy like a boat anchor. (34oz empty, with loaded mag 44oz +) Not a carry gun. Looking for sales advice for the whole pile pictured below.

Where do I post this this? Forgot user name doesn't mean anything, just a made up name.
Just noticed in for sale link mostly everything except Taurus's. I joined thinking this would be the place for Taurus fans. Got really low ball offers at guns.com, and another place of $250, and $340. $375 locally. Seems low when I have $500 invested in all of it. (And that's 2004 dollars.) It was back to Taurus in 2015 because I had concern about accuracy, no problems found, and they sent back target. Not shoot since.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here!" Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your welcome, and your service. Dad was Korean war vet crew chief mechanic on B-47 (The kind Jimmy Stewart flew in "Strategic Command.")

Used to tell stories of sitting under wing in Africa, field stripping a 1911 blind folded. That's a firearm story.

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
I'd say a couple of years ago it may have sold for about 300, but PT100 AFS's have been selling for 500+ on GunBroker for the last year or so. I've been watching for one myself, but I'm not wanting to pay the inflated prices. Yours does look nice, however. If you're looking for top dollary, GunBroker.com may be your best bet.

FYI, your name and address appear on one of those images. I'd strike that. You never know what nutjob is watching the Internet!

Reactions: 51fordf2

·
Registered
14,271 Posts
We do have a "Classified Section" here on the site, but you need to have 25 posts at a minimum in order to list anything for sale.
The PT-100 is a great shooter, but you are correct, the size and weight don't really make it a great conceal carry choice of weapon. The PT-100 will often swing wildly in price due to being a .40 caliber round. The 40SW round has always either been in favor, but often more out of favor in the caliber wars game. Every few years the rumors run wild about the .40SW round being discontinued, but then is seems that every few years it is the round that is being chosen by law enforcement agencies.
It is a different feeling round to fire for sure, the recoil is not like any other caliber that most shooters have felt. As such they bad mouth the round and give it a very negative review leading to others who have never fired the .40 round to repeat these same false statements. Personally, I love the feel that a .40 round delivers.
I think the current market would be in the $350-$400 range at this time. Being the old stainless finish, you may get a little more, but if offered $450, I would take it if I were you.

OH, forgive me, I forgot to welcome you to the TA forum. Yes, we are a Taurus labeled forum, but we like and discuss all manufactures' of firearms. More important, is that we more of a family here. Welcome, please take the time to visit, learn, share, and join the family of fine folk that gather here.

·
Registered
G3. Tracker .44.
36 Posts
I'd say a couple of years ago it may have sold for about 300, but PT100 AFS's have been selling for 500+ on GunBroker for the last year or so. I've been watching for one myself, but I'm not wanting to pay the inflated prices. Yours does look nice, however. If you're looking for top dollary, GunBroker.com may be your best bet.

FYI, your name and address appear on one of those images. I'd strike that. You never know what nutjob is watching the Internet!
To late, already posted to lonely truckers. It'll be on every bathroom stall from New York to California by morning.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, smokewagon told me, and offer my apology, I should have read. Like I told Smoke, I'm new to this tech, Sister just got me this few months ago. Probably still wouldn't have one. The world has really changed since I grew up in the 60's and 70's. My Buddy just finally broke down too, and got one about a year ago. We talk about how things have changed. An example you wouldn't think anything about your name being on there. Thanks for telling me, have to figure out how to delete. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Forgot to say thanks for the welcome. Almost 20 years ago I had a Glock model 22 in .40 S&W and I didn't think the recoil was bad at all. This Taurus has more "preceived recoil" than the Glock did. At 25 yards that Glock shot for real 5" - 6" groups. Some guy at the range says, "I know you are not doing that with that pistol." What else was doing it?

That was why I sent that Taurus back to Taurus. It jumped all over the place, and like old saying, "couldn't hit broad side of a barn."

And don't know how much confidence I have in Taurus. In years, years past had to return defective pistol. One the metal delaminated. And other went to chamber a round and it went "THUNK!"

It was marked, and supposed to be a PT 100, however was built chambered in 9MM. Jim at Jim's guns said, "that's biggest mistake from Taurus he's seen in long time." That's when he gave the Glock G22 for my trouble.

This is not to bash Taurus, mistakes happened, and you can get bad and good in every brand. I have a Walther P22 sitting in my drawer that I don't try to shoot anymore, it jams ever few rounds. I had a Squire Binghamton (or however it was spelled) that was some of the jamming things around.

I have an M&P 9MM that one time pulled it out of it's case, and it had turned into a Smith & Rusten. How does that coated stainless rust? Smith & Wesson didn't know either.
They did pay to send it back and forth, and replaced slide, and barrel. Not just Taurus.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again to everyone. I'm getting tired of trying to type these little letters going to sign off for the night, and go piddle in garage. Thanks again for the Welcomes.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'll be the odd man out and say to ask $625. That's what you will pay for a bottom of the barrel Beretta. You lose points for it being a Taurus but you gain a bunch from it having three mags, being in .40, and it being so shiny. Maybe 20 years ago when you could walk into any lgs and grab a brigadier .40 it wouldn't be worth much but if you must have a Beretta style .40 your pickins' are very slim today. There are some gun stores that will list a gun for you on the Auction site that shall not be named™️. They send a shipping envelope to you and they only charge 10%. I wouldn't go through all that for most guns but a big bore Beretta I'd definitely want to go to auction. Only takes two nuts to want it bad. Might go for a crazy amount.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Neighbor Zeeba for the welcome. Thanks Zack, and Delta. Thanks for the advise. I knew I was older, butt not stupid. Still have a couple common sense brain cells to rub together. I knew those on line $250, and $340 offers from these gun buying sites were just low ball offers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts