Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!

First of all I just want to say VERY NICE FORUM!!!! I recently purchased a used Taurus PT 101 AF. I went to Taurus' website and put in my serial number. It said it was made in 1991. My question is the finish of the gun, I am trying to find out if it is "nickel" or "Stainless" The handle and bottom of the barrell seems to be a Matte typ of finish and the slide seems to be a little bit shinier.
The Taurus website does not tell me anything else. The last 3 letters of the serial number is AFD I don't know what that means if a anything at all. The Taurus model just says PT 101 AF. There is no "S" or "D" after it. Any and all help would be greatful!!

Thanks,

Jeremy

·
Registered
102 Posts
Howdy.

Can you post a pic of said firearm? Maybe someone could help you if they could see it.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase!

I'm sure someone will chime in with the answer soon.
Post up a picture when you can!

Lee

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Very Nice --- not being any kind of an expert.( I cheat and use google A LOT!!) .
I think I see PT 101 = .40cal; AF= Adjustable rear and fixed front sights; D= decocker and its stainless finish...

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
It looks to be stainless from what I can see in the picture.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum!! I've got a PT99 which is the 9mm version of what you have. It's also a 1991, and is definitely stainless. You have a great firearm that will give you many years of service. Congratulations.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
We’re mighty glad to welcome you to TaurusArmed.net!

You will find this forum to be chock full of helpful information and frequented by knowledgeable and friendly Taurus folks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help everyone! I was hoping it was stainless instead of nickel. From what i
read the Stainless is a better finish than nickel. I shot 85 rounds through it 2 days ago and it
fires GREAT!! Like an idiot I bought 50 rounds of a "russian" made ammo that the gun didn't like
it wouldn't cycle the shells. The shell case was made out of Steel instead of brass and the gun
sure did HATE them. So FYI it's not worth saving $2 for the cheap stuff lol.

Look forward to future posts and reads here!!

Jeremy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts