Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 1911 doesn't look like any of previous models i have seen. This one has no marking on the slide but the small Taurus crest on the back left and 1911 on the ejection side is this normal I'm not sure I like the new look?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Congrats on your 1911. The new 1911 have less markings on the slide. I prefer the more subtle look, however, I guess that is why Howard Johnson offered 28 flavors.

·
22,036 Posts
Yes, that's the new look. I just checked, and I'm surprised to see they show the larger Taurus slide markings on the photo in their 2015 catalog. Lots of people prefer smaller manufacturer markings on 1911s. If you really hate it, I bet you could come to the Sand Lake meet and find someone to trade with you!

·
Registered
7,574 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to trade the gun for another one i liked better. Tell me more about this Sand Lake meet please.

·
Registered
36,088 Posts
HMMM? sorry you don't like your new weapon!
But did you buy it sight unseen? and not check It out/look at it before you filled out the paperwork?
welcome to the forum by the way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought it after looking at the 2015 catalog witch shows the larger etching of the Taurus logo. I really like my gun store here in Lubbock and did not hold them responsible for the change in production. The pistol shoots fantastic and looks good just disappointing it doesn't represent the catalog.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Congrats on the New 1911. Love the Duo-Tone look.

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
Congrats on the purchase of a great 1911, appearances notwithstanding.

Welcome to the forum and the Taurus family from NJ !

New Jersey.jpg

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Most folks normally prefer smaller roll marks, billboards, etc. Perhaps you can find an older slide and sell your new slide, swap, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I though about that but don't really want to mix serial numbers. I will trade this one as soon as I can find one with the larger markings. I like to travel so going to as many Texas guns shows as I can in the next few months. Thanks bamashooter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts