Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
So as the title says just got CCW, I have two Taurus's a 24/7 gen-1 and a PT-145 mil/pro. I would, for now rather CCW the PT-145 it is smaller. Anyway what sort of holsters do you all use for this gun. I bought a cheep IWB-Blackhawk but it looks "big" in IWB?????

Thanks to all who respond.
Dave

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I have a holster for my Ruger SR9c from Tommy Theis who is a sponsor on this forum. I cannot say enough good things about it. He does make holsters for the 145 milpro and they range from $55-$65 depending on the type of leather you want.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Try a holster for one of the smaller Glocks. They are plentiful and decently priced. I am using a Bianchi for a 30 and it fits and holds perfectly.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
I have used, Fobus, paddle for the Mil Pro, and the 24/7, but also the Don Hume JIT works for both guns too for OWB. I also have a Theis IWB that I use for both. The one for the 24/7 fits the Mil Pro just as well.

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Hi All,
So as the title says just got CCW, I have two Taurus's a 24/7 gen-1 and a PT-145 mil/pro. I would, for now rather CCW the PT-145 it is smaller. Anyway what sort of holsters do you all use for this gun. I bought a cheep IWB-Blackhawk but it looks "big" in IWB?????

Thanks to all who respond.
Dave
It probably does not look as big as you think.
By cheapie, I'm assuming you bought the Blackhawk nylon.
It is common for new carriers to be overly self-conscious about printing. Give yourself a week or so of CC and see whether any of your friends and family notice. Chances are most won't.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to the ever-growing fraternity of concealed carry Taurus owners.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I carry at 1 oclock appendix with a PT145 in a DB Bullard iwb holster. Works great!! Also have a Don Hume I wear with a Ruger 345 at the same position thats also nice...Have a Merry Christmas!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome!

I carry my PT145 everyday in a Crossbreed Supertuck. A Theis holster for my PF9 is on my Christmas list. You can't go wrong with either one of those. You can always check out Crossbreed Seconds and find a holster for less money if that is a concern.

·
Administrator
39,362 Posts
My PT145, has been riding around in a DeSantis, Cozy Partner, for about three years now. I can't see myself with any other. What fits me, or these other guys for that matter, may not fit you, so experiment a little, then commit!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
My Tommy Theis holster for my 24/7 G2 40 just came in today and so far I love it. I am still breaking it in but it has a very small print. When I asked my daughter if she could see it she said that she could see a small corner bump. I may play with the canter to see if I can minimize that. It is extremely comfortable and does not even feel like I am carrying.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It probably does not look as big as you think.
By cheapie, I'm assuming you bought the Blackhawk nylon.
It is common for new carriers to be overly self-conscious about printing. Give yourself a week or so of CC and see whether any of your friends and family notice. Chances are most won't.
Ummmmmmmm.... Yes thats it........ I'm going to get a TCP-380 for my Christmas present to my self:cool: But i'm really a 45 kinda guy:D

I think I will try the one of the ones recommended.

Thanks......Dave

·
Registered
27,095 Posts
90%+ of the time I carry in a Blackhawk Serpa CQC. I greatly prefer OWB. I wear a jacket or vest and have no trouble concealing. Occasionally, when I absolutely, positively have to not show I'll switch to a Comp-Tac Minotaur. This is an IWB in the same mold as the Theis and Crossbreed. I like it because it is very inexpensive to switch between guns.
On dress occasions I switch off to a Galco Sillouette - which is a high-ride leather holster with a thumb break.

Not only is there no one-holster-answer for everybody, there isn't even one holster for all occasions.
Most people wind up with a collection.

One point I have to add, however, is that you need a good gun belt. It makes all the difference in comfort, security, and concealment.
On that, I have a very definite opinion: the best gun belt is the Aker.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I can't speak highly enough of our forum sponsor Tommy Theis's holsters, my pt111 and pt145 ride in the same holster and I switch between the two all the time. Go for a Theis!

·
32,481 Posts
I have a holster for my Ruger SR9c from Tommy Theis who is a sponsor on this forum. I cannot say enough good things about it. He does make holsters for the 145 milpro and they range from $55-$65 depending on the type of leather you want.
I agree with 91 whiskey. I've got one of the Theis holsters, but for a Rossi 462 snub revolver. It fits the gun perfectly.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Mine's in my avatar,a Side Guard Holster that I carry at 6 o'clock. It's a PT140 and I don't even know it's there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I carry my PT145 at 4'oclock. I use a "Uncle Mike's SideKick Ambidextrous Hip Holster W/Pouch, Size 16, 3.25"-3.75" Barrel Medium/Large Auto, Black, Kodra - 70160"the pouch is too small for extra mags in .45ACP but it carries nice IWB

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a Kholster and a Galco IWB holster. Both are very comfortable.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Like many others, I have a box full of holsters - the search for the perfect one seems never ending. The best I've found so far is the Crossbreed Super Tuck I carry my PT-145 in. It is comfortable enough that I sometimes forget I'm carrying, and can be adjusted to carry nearly completely concealed. I like it so well that I just ordered another one for my PT-709.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I carry a PT140 in an El Paso Saddlery IWB leather holster on a Bullard (Azle, TX) Gun Belt most of the time. If I have to carry deep, I use an UnderTech Undercover belly band holster with my shirt tucked in. I have my eye on a Theis based on all of the reviews from users on this site.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts