Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got another new gun! Never was a fan of the thought of a laser and being dependent on one over having skill, but I really like it alot! I think I'm going to like the gun, I need to find a good back pocket holster, any suggestions?

sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Got another new gun! Never was a fan of the thought of a laser and being dependent on one over having skill, but I really like it alot! I think I'm going to like the gun, I need to find a good back pocket holster, any suggestions?

sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk
Congratulations on your acquisition of the TCP with Crimson Trace laser!

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
496 Posts
With the laser site on it won't fit in the wallet holsters I've seen. The pouch works well and you can draw from a seated position in you car with out changing method of carry.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats on your new aquisition.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Congrats on the new TCP let me know how you like it, I was considering buying one.

·
Super Moderator
40,407 Posts
Let me know which one you go with and how it works for you. I have been looking at the Uncle Georges my self. Right now I am using a nylon Black Hawk Holster that I got at WalMart. I carry in the front pocket and have added a piece of Velcro to the holster and to the inside of the pockets on my cargo shorts to hold it in the place I want it. This has been working very well for me and the holster does not shift at all. I can also easily draw from the seated position in my car, a real plus when in the Miami area.

To me this is a close range point and shoot pistol, I really like the CT Laser on it. After several hundred rounds, I took the battery out to help hone my point ans shoot skills, you never know when the laser might not come on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I ordered the Talon holster,due to the other one I listed is stitched all the way around the gun and the talon is stitched in the corner and has a flap on the back, in theory this should make it easier to get a grip on the gun, should be here fri, ill let ya know my first impression after I get it

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
I use the Bulldog pouch with jeans, and a KNJ pocket holster when i wear cargo pants. The KNJ was slightly small, but a couple small snips and a hot knife on the nylon, and it rides good. It completely hides the profile of the gun, and is easy to draw.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
here is a review I submitted to amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Talon-Wallet-Holster-Taurus-TCP/dp/B004QVIL2S/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

I think for what it is this holster is not bad, first there are very limited options in pocket holsters for a TCP w a Crimson Trace laser. For some reason its not a popular combo as of now. I love the gun and the laser. I picked this particular holster due to the back flap only being attached on one corner making it easier to grab and get your hand fully around the back of the gun while in you pocket, the gun fits tightly in the leather, almost a little too tight? but its a minimal gripe and not a huge deal, the quality of the leather and the stitching leaves a little bit to be desired its not very high quality leather, I do like the brown leather look, here is my biggest gripe and I don't know if its something that can be fixed or not, I am 6ft tall 250lbs and wear a 38x32 jean. This holster takes up every inch of my back pocket and holds the opening of my pocket open a little bit, I tried it in a pair of BKE jeans and 2 pairs of old navy jeans with the same result, my wife says that you would never notice if you were a stranger looking at my butt and you would have to be extremely close to me, But when I twist around and look in my back pocket I can see the top of the gun, my concern is standing in line somewhere and someone being close to my back and looking down to see a gun, maybe a holster model w a small flap at the top to cover the top of the gun? also sitting for long periods with this in your back pocket is out of the question. OVER ALL I'm glad I bought this as a secondary option of carry and it will see some some use, but prob more in summer in a pair of cargo shorts or a pair of jeans w bigger back pockets, I do think its a little high priced for the quality of materials used.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts