Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings. Picked up the TCP ("C" model) from my LGS today. Range report coming Sunday afternoon. I chose it over the LCP based on experience with the LCP and its trigger. I've only dry fired the TCP but the trigger is much lighter and smoother.

I'm new here. Go easy on me ;)

On a side note, the salesman tried to sell me the new Ruger LC380. They arrived 20 minutes before I walked in the door and they'd just put them in the display case. I said, "No thank you, I'm interested in pocket carry and the Taurus is the right size and it's much cheaper." He didn't argue. I purchased the $199 model with a single magazine. Can't wait to shoot it.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Congrats! The TCP is hard to beat.& Welcome Too :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm sure you've read the threads on it and saw about a good clean before range time. Welcome and congrats. Fits any pocket with proper holster for position. Carried mine in PDA case till I got my wallet holster. Now if I go out it is in back pocket as a bug every time. ( BUG unless BG says give me your wallet )

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma. Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone. I did hit my local range today quite excited to try the new gun. I walked up to the counter and was told the range wait was only three hours! Nice. That'll teach me to show up mid afternoon. I'll try again tomorrow only this time I'll be in line when they open.

Three hours!! Are other folks seeing that kind of wait time on the weekends? Doesn't surprise me much. The LGS has been packed for a solid month.

·
Super Moderator
40,796 Posts
Nice, the TCP makes a great pocket gun. As far as range waits, they are not to bad where I shoot, probably because no one has ammo unless the were well stocked to start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hit the range this morning, Black Wing Shooting Center in Delaware, Ohio. I got there 15 minutes before it opened to find a line of 20 people in front of me. Strange, so many people wanting to shoot. Hard to figure ... you'd think the government was preparing to take guns away from law abiding citizens! Ha, had to get that in. Everyone in line was talking about how hard it is to find ammo and how hard it is to find someplace to practice. Anyway, on to the range report.

I purchased my Taurus TCP from Vances in Columbus, Ohio on Friday. I plan to pocket carry and wanted something inexpensive. Something I could care less about if it get's lost or stolen. I bought the $199 model with a single magazine. My only other frame of reference is the Ruger LCP which I shot last month and the Kel-Tec P3AT which I shot last week.

I put 200 rounds through the Taurus today. Four boxes of 50 from four different manufactures. Blazer, PPU, Winchester white box and Magtech. These were the options available to me at my local Walmart. I'm happy to report that I had zero failures. Every round cycled as it should and the slide locked back when empty each and every time. Needless to say I'm quite pleased.

Fortunately, the good news keeps coming. The sights were dead on. I achieved many sub 2 inch groups at 10 yards when taking my time. The groups opened up considerably when doing two and three shot bursts but that is to be expected.

I'll leave you with my thoughts on the Taurus as compared to the Kel-Tec and Ruger. The Kel-Tec is slightly lighter but nothing you really notice in the hand. What you do notice is the recoil. It's MUCH worse on the Kel-Tec. My shooting hand was pretty sore after 50 rounds last weekend with the Kel-Tec but I got through 200 today with no such problems. Not sure why but the Taurus simply shoots softer.

The biggest difference between the Taurus and the Ruger is the trigger. The long, heavy trigger on the Ruger is well known to anyone who's read about it or shot it. The trigger on the Taurus is definitely shorter and lighter. It makes shooting tighter groups much easier. I also appreciate the added width of the grip on the Taurus. I'm pretty sure that's the main reason it was so easy to get through 200 rounds without feeling tired.

Overall I couldn't be happier right now. The Taurus is a steal at $199 compared to the Ruger and some of the other pocket 380s. I've decided to keep it ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.