Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new TCP 738 and within 60 rounds while I am shooting the firing pin guide pops up on the top of the slide. I have to push it down then on the next round it pops back up. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
The firing pin retaining pin is popping up? When it pops up again, clean any oil off if, coat it in blue LocTite and pop it back in. Let it dry for at least a day.

If it does it again after another shooting session, you could try red LocTite or peen the pin with a punch on the sides of the pin, then drive that pin back in the slide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Haven't even fired mine

I got mine from academy a couple weeks ago. I was about to clean it before taking it to the range to shoot for the first time when I was not able to rack the slide. I fiddled with it for a few minutes and then took out the magazine. All of a sudden the firing pin guide fell into my hand. Of course now I can rack the slide but I have yet to put the guide pin back in. I called Taurus this morning and they are paying shipping for me to send it in to them. I'm not shooting it until they look at it. I am not a gunsmith and I don't want to play like one. I have no idea how significant this was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts