Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taurus: No More Bull | The Truth About Guns

Taurus: No More Bull Posted on April 17, 2012 by Dan Zimmerman

Taurus wants to get big and they ain’t goin’ home. The Brazilian-based gunmaker has ambitious plans to re-brand and expand their North American ops. Taurus’s box-fresh President and CEO Mark Kresser’s the Man. He’s promising new products, better customer relations and higher quality. True story: Kresser’s aware that Taurus’s rep needs a reset. He’s asking gun guys and gals for one thing and one thing only as he pulls on the wheel of the Taurus-shaped aircraft carrier . . .
Time. Kresser knows that improving the company’s products and service isn’t going to happen overnight. Despite his hunger for rapidly recognizable change, Kresser also realizes that it will take time for public perceptions to catch up with the new reality he’s fashioning for Taurus.
File this one under “hopeful signs”: Kresser began his career in the firearms industry as a Remington Shooting School instructor. Then Beretta snatched him away for a sales job. Since then Kressler’s kept up his shooting proficiency while working for SIG Arms, Mossberg and Traditions Firearms. And now . . . Taurus.
As a salesman and marketing maven, Kresser knows that all branding starts with the product. Kresser is dedicated to continuous product improvement and “making a better gun today than we did yesterday.” No really.
Throughout our entire organization, we are focused on continuous improvement… regardless of what process, regardless of what position or what department we have within our organization.
At the same time that Kresser’s working on Taurus’s corporate culture, he’s operating on the time-tested principle that the customer is king.
We’re listening to our customer more today than we did yesterday, paying attention to our customer and we’re servicing our customer today better than yesterday.
Kresser reckons the gunmaker will be rocking the gun world by the next SHOT Show in January. He was understandably cagey about details, hinting at some significant new products that will help raise the company’s profile.
We’re going to bring some new thinking to the industry and make people question why they didn’t think of that first…I think we’ve got some things that are really going to change the way people think about firearms.
Look out world? Look out gun company owners. Kresser admits that Taurus is on the prowl for new acquisitions. The gunmaker’s main man in North America promised that any additions to the corporate portfolio will complement the existing product line.
Modern home defense black sporting rifles? Shotguns? Kresser won’t say. But he will say that Taurus is going places. And he knows that satisfied, engaged, surprised and delighted customers are the only ones who can take them there. Watch this space.

(There are more than a dozen comments and responses posted at the bottom of the page at:
Taurus: No More Bull | The Truth About Guns )

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Thanks for posting, I'm curious to see what they have in mind for the SHOT show!

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
I love the comments...........

"My FUD-meter is pegging the scale reading these comments here.

Taurus need only do two things to ensure an improvement in their image. One is to change model names and jack up their prices $200 per firearm. Second, ensure some popular action hero uses a Taurus brand gun in the next pseudo-military or police action flick. Between a higher market price and the adoration of the tacti-cool COD market, they’ll be on top of the gun business in no time flat.

I own a Taurus PT99 made before I was born which has never failed due to firearm-related issues. I must in honest discourse mention that it failed to fire twice shooting a box of bargain-basement 200 round bulk Remington ammo. That stuff was so awful Tulammo would be an improvement. There’s no quality issue with my Taurus weapon, and the issues ive seen them have are stuff which equally affects Glocks, S&W’s and other so called ‘ quality’ brands. Even Glock has recalls.

I chalk up the negative brand rep to their low price , period. It is scientifically documented that people will feel better about a higher priced purchase than if the same product was sold at a lower price. A psychologist completed a study where a lemonade stand was set up ,and the same batch of lemonade was sold to people at different prices, after which the customers were questioned about the taste. People who paid more reported a better taste than the people who paid less for the same exact batch.

In the gun world , if a Glock jams the response is either disbelief -”Glocks don’t jam, your doing something wrong”.
0r
“Send it in, they’re not perfect”.
If a HK breaks, same response. “Send it in and they’ll make it right”.
If a Taurus breaks :

“OMG WHY DID YOU BUY IT!!! ITS CRAP!!. Don’t send it into the factory, mail it to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission for safe disposal!Youd be better off carrying a baseball bat than a TAURUS!!My sister’s boyfriends mother’s husband’s friend who dated my cousin’s BFF had a stovepipe with theirs. ”

If one reads this post thinking Taurus firearms are complete garbage,research what the Brazilian police & special forces units like BOPE carry when they track down drug gangs in those rabbit warren favelas in Rio. Here’s a hint;they don’t use HKs down there ."

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I just wonder if they are going to jack up the prices like other gun makers. I guess I would be in the High Point range then.:(

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Thanks, to both of you for sharing. Interesting article, but more interesting comments. :D

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I may sound like I'm being ugly but I said good and it was a long time coming. I don't think Taurus is a bottom shelf brand and I have had good luck with them, but there are too many people that have issues with them. And I have put several of them back that I wouldn't buy. I really wanted a brand new Model 82 in blued steel and both of them I have found now were so loose that I wasn't sure they were new guns. They may make a bunch of them and the factory tour thread proves that but quality control at several of the gun plants needs to be addressed. And I don't have a problem with Taurus admitting it first. I hope S&W and Ruger both say the same thing soon.

·
Super Moderator
21,612 Posts
Until you have talked to the man or met him your opinions are yours without information to back them up. This guy is for real. So be ready to buy a great gun. Which by the way they make right now. But his future plans will shock the gun world. And yes I have spoken to him. As well as two of are super Mods have toured the factory. Look at the first page folks this is not BS its for real.

·
Registered
518 Posts
In my honest opinion, Taurus will make every effort to keep prices where they are to maintain their loyal customer base and recruit more members.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Why did it get moved to complaints area?
Just whenI think I have figured out you guys......hmmmm

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Kresser's job doesn't start state side he will have to see if his vision and influence reach across the continent to the owners, board of directors and shareholders in Banco Santander Brasil SA the largest shareholder followed by Caixa de Previdência dos Funcionários do Banco do Brasil of the parent company Forjas Taurus. They are the decision makers Kresser is not CEO of Forjas Taurus. Hopefully he is fluent in Portuguese.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Why did it get moved to complaints area?
Just whenI think I have figured out you guys......hmmmm
I'll take the blame for that. I thought it a good place to post to refute some of the bashing that goes on. Taurus may have slipped off the tracks at some time in the past (especially CS) but the ship is turning and I haven't had a bad experience with them at all. Kressor is doing a great job and I like his vision. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
In my honest opinion, Taurus will make every effort to keep prices where they are to maintain their loyal customer base and recruit more members.
I about to take the PT809 plunge so I sure hope they don't jack up the prices.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I think this man should get an official invitation to join this forum. He could even join anonymously. At the very least he should personally monitor what is being said here about the product lines. This is THE place to find out how to improve the product. We cover a large and diverse market area. We are the users and know best what we'll buy.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Emmm what is to keep him from doing that anyway? I sure would! Anonymity is a big part of these forums.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts