Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Hi folks, some of you have been oh so fortunate enough to receive your Taurus TX22's and in the other thread on these pistols, made mention of the guide rod being "chipped". Even maloy posted a picture of it...in post #106 of the thread.

This notch is NOT a chip - it is supposed to be there! I know, the manual doesn't say anything about it, and the pistol is still sooooo new that Taurus Customer service doesn't know anything about it, but they will...and soon!

The guide rod was specifically designed that way. It’s a one piece captive recoil rod. The way it works is the spring screws onto the rod and the flat area is needed to stop it from spinning. When reassembling the pistol, one does not need to be careful to install the guide rod a certain way. The spring is affixed to the guide rod screw cap...the screw cap has the little notch where the recoil spring is secured. This was designed so the recoil spring doesn’t rotate or so that when you disassemble it, parts don’t fly everywhere...

All in all, I think it's pretty nifty, because I've launched a hundred guide rods and springs, well, maybe not quite that many, maybe it was only 80 or so.. until I figured out that the it's best to reassemble all semi auto pistols inside a 2 gallon plastic bag! And don't be thinking that I'm a genius or something because I'm just a sharp shooting little old geeze-ette that knows some folks that know other folks that had someone tell me this tid bit of fascinating information just this morning! :)

On page 37 of the TX22 manual there is an the exploded view of the pistol's components - and the picture of the guide rod shows the flat, but no mention is made of it at all in the manual. So, no need to call Taurus CS - unless it's to tell them how much you like your new Taurus TX22!!

PS Can a moderator correct the mis spelling in my title - it is supposed to say notch, not nothc...unless one has a lisp...:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi folks, some of you have been oh so fortunate enough to receive your Taurus TX22's and in the other thread on these pistols, made mention of the guide rod being "chipped". Even maloy posted a picture of it...in post #106 of the thread.

This notch is NOT a chip - it is supposed to be there! I know, the manual doesn't say anything about it, and the pistol is still sooooo new that Taurus Customer service doesn't know anything about it, but they will...and soon!

The guide rod was specifically designed that way. It’s a one piece captive recoil rod. The way it works is the spring screws onto the rod and the flat area is needed to stop it from spinning. When reassembling the pistol, one does not need to be careful to install the guide rod a certain way. The spring is affixed to the guide rod screw cap...the screw cap has the little notch where the recoil spring is secured. This was designed so the recoil spring doesn’t rotate or so that when you disassemble it, parts don’t fly everywhere...

All in all, I think it's pretty nifty, because I've launched a hundred guide rods and springs, well, maybe not quite that many, maybe it was only 80 or so.. until I figured out that the it's best to reassemble all semi auto pistols inside a 2 gallon plastic bag! And don't be thinking that I'm a genius or something because I'm just a sharp shooting little old geeze-ette that knows some folks that know other folks that had someone tell me this tid bit of fascinating information just this morning! :)

On page 37 of the TX22 manual there is an the exploded view of the pistol's components - and the picture of the guide rod shows the flat, but no mention is made of it at all in the manual. So, no need to call Taurus CS - unless it's to tell them how much you like your new Taurus TX22!!

PS Can a moderator correct the mis spelling in my title - it is supposed to say notch, not nothc...unless one has a lisp...:)
Hey thanks for posting this i just purchased my tx22 today and 10 hours later i just realized the chip in my guide rod spring so here i am looking at my reciept to see if i can return it, i was worried that it was a flaw and thought someone may have dropped the firearm, (i purchased new in Norfolk va for $449.99 all black , the black and tan was 429.99 and the competition model was $629.99. i also was looking at replacement guide rods when i came across this post! Very helpful. Im curious wheres your location and how much did you pay for your tx 22 ? Im hopefully going to make it to the range to try out my new baby, Also how fo you like your tx22? and what do you not like about it after purchasing it? This is my first .22 caliber handgun and i purchased because the ergonomics and the reviews but als9 im very pleased that it holds 16rds in the mag and glock hasnt been able to acomplish that yet, Im VERY surprised how light this firearm is completely loaded, Compared to my custom Sd9ve its a paper weight, its got to be atleast half the weight, if i werent skeptical about carrying. 22 caliber for concealed carry i would carry this light gun all the time!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
ALSO and this is the main reason i purchased is because where im located a box of 50 9mm is 64.99 in every local shop and a box of .22 for 40ct i paid 13.99! so i will be able to shoot more now because 9mm is absolutely ridiculous priced rite now and after 2 months i finally foumd the tx 22 , every time a shop in the 757 gets a tx .22 in its gone within the hour of being on the shelf so i am pretty sure i over payed henceforth why i asked what you payed for your tx 22.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
TX comp model sells for $ 419 local to me,the S&W SDV also sells for $ 409 .22 ammo sells for $ 1,500.00 for a 100 round brick and 9mm up to $ 79 for a box of 50 rounds and sign an indentured servant form that you will have your family work for them for 5 years then another box for you when completed !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts