Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just got my Taurus from Buds, and have found that the trigger/hammer is all messed up.
using snap caps, when you pull the trigger all the way back sometimes it fires,
but about every 4th or 5th shot it wont fire until your start releasing the trigger a little bit(WEIRD!)
you can hold the trigger all the back and it does nothing until you release a little tension on the trigger.

i noticed another review at buds an that person was experiencing the same problem as me
here is his review

"I dry cycled it and it would only cycle FMJ. Took it too the range with FMJ.
Pull trigger, wait, wait, wait, fire. Now won't fire at all. Less than 50 rounds.
Stay away!!!!"

the model # is 738BSS

i contacted Buds to see about a return, not sure how to do that
just go to UPS? anyhow anyone else have this issue or a way to resolve it?
as i see it the gun is possible dangerous as it is,
and no way would i carry this gun like this and that is whole reason for buying it int he first place.

thanks

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Yep you need to contact Taurus and not Buds. they will send you a FedEx shipping label via e-mail and you can get it fixed on the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone, sent it back to Taurus yesterday
they sent me a free FedEx shipping label, dropped it off at FedEx in route to Florida.
got my fingers crossed :)

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Yeah. Keep us in the loop, as to the results when you get it back.
Hope it comes back quickly & in excellent working order! ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have the same problem, have one older 738 that I've never had a problem with. Bought another for my wife a few months ago (they were on special at PSA for $168 and she liked mine since it was so small and "cute")........had her at the range with it this morning for the first time. After the first few magazines she complained the she would depress the trigger completely but the gun wouldn't fire, then when she began to release some of the pressure from the trigger it would then fire. It's an E model. Needless to say it's going back to Tarus....just wonder how many months it'll take 'em to repair and send back.....any one know how systemic this is?

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
I tried to look up my model, by serial number, but it said "no match". Hmmm. Mine runs fine so far.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have the same problem, have one older 738 that I've never had a problem with. Bought another for my wife a few months ago (they were on special at PSA for $168 and she liked mine since it was so small and "cute")........had her at the range with it this morning for the first time. After the first few magazines she complained the she would depress the trigger completely but the gun wouldn't fire, then when she began to release some of the pressure from the trigger it would then fire. It's an E model. Needless to say it's going back to Tarus....just wonder how many months it'll take 'em to repair and send back.....any one know how systemic this is?
Taurus said, it Should be about 6 weeks, they sent me a letter in the mail after they received the package.
said it will be about 6 weeks.

hoping for a happy ending :)

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Taurus said, it Should be about 6 weeks, they sent me a letter in the mail after they received the package.
said it will be about 6 weeks.

hoping for a happy ending :)
I sent mine in Sep and got it back to Illinois in 3 weeks. Since you've got the Holidays going on, it'll take them 4-6 weeks for you probably.
Mine had your problem, but now is perfect. I've put 200 rounds through her so far and she chewing up all I feed her

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK, got it back!
faster than i thought! only about 2 weeks or so. cool.
Trigger is fixed, the note in the box said "hammer oversize adjusted"

anyhow took it to the range and the hammer works flawlessly.
However now i have another issue, since this is the first time firing this gun,
its getting failures to feed/failure to go into battery.
did this several times with round nose flat points, little better with round nose(although still had some)

any recommendations? seen some people on youtube bending the mag feed lips a little and another guy putting
a little chamfer around the chamber face(where the bullet enters),
he was showing how the case of the ammo could get hung on the sharp edge
and cause a failure, the little chamfer resolved his problems.. well what do yall think?

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
OK, got it back!
faster than i thought! only about 2 weeks or so. cool.
Trigger is fixed, the note in the box said "hammer oversize adjusted"

anyhow took it to the range and the hammer works flawlessly.
However now i have another issue, since this is the first time firing this gun,
its getting failures to feed/failure to go into battery.
did this several time4s with round nose flat points, little netter with round nose(although still had some)

any recommendations? i some some people on youtube bending the mag feed lips a little and another guy putting
a little chamfer around the chamber face(where the bullet enters), he was showing how the case of the ammo could gut the sharp edge
and cause a failure, the little chamfer resolved his problems.. well what do yall think?
Be patient. Don't mess with the mag. Run a few hundred rounds thru it. When I first got mine back it would stick a bit. I've put in over 100 rounds of FMJ since then and now its eating FMJ without issue.
Remember also, these little pistols are prone to symptoms from limpwristing. I still do it every so often.

Now I'm starting to feed it JHP and Xtreme penetrators and its slowly getting better....

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
So, an "E" would mean the latest and the greatest "series"?
Every 99,999 they switch letters..
A was 1 thru 99999
B was 100000 thru 199999
C was 200000 thru 299999 etc.

Your Serial number will have a letter and a 5 digit number....

With regards to The greatest...
They did make some changes to the E series that wasn't in the D series....Maybe it is the greatest?

·
Super Moderator
40,518 Posts
I have two TCP's both of them had issues with the flat point bullets to start. A couple hundred rounds of round nose took care of any break in issues. Both of my TCP's worked best with PMC Bronze to start.

·
Super Moderator
40,518 Posts
One other thing, field strip it and clean it every 50 rounds. Again both of mine did not do well once they started getting dirty, they would fail to go into battery by the slightest bit. Again after a couple hundred rounds this also stopped.

Reactions: chicagotrauma

·
22,323 Posts
Congratulations on the fast turnaround! That's great, especially during the Christmas season!

I agree with Chicagotrauma; just run a couple hundred rounds through it before you tinker.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts