Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Aunt and her husband are in town this week and wanted to go shooting. They are both in their 70's and have recently taken up target/self defense shooting. John has a Walther PPS 9 and my Aunt has the Walther P22. I met them at the range and we had a great time. Before we left, John was commenting on the PPS printing while wearing certain clothing.
I showed him a 709 slim in the display case and he ended up buying it. Nice and easy to conceal weapon. The Range owner let him take it into the range so he could shoot some rounds through it before we left. He was really pleased with it. I only had my FN with me so we stopped by my house so he could check out my PT99. Now he wants one lol.
My Aunt also but one of those purses with the built in carry pocket.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Glad they are taking the steps to protect themselves.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Contrary to some liberal beliefs, every gun shop I talk to says people are still buyimg large numbers of CC weapons - My DIL now wants to take her CC class and arm up - of course the GS guy tried to push her on a Glock - she told him it had to be either a Taurus or a SA - we'll see.I suggested a 709 or a SCCY

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad they are taking the steps to protect themselves.
They live in Melbourne FL but have a timeshare in Treasure Island. They were telling me that a few blocks over from them a little girl was riding her bike when a van pulled up, knocked her off her bike and took the bike. Then stole a scooter a flew blocks from there.

If anyone is ever in S. Pinellas county check out Ted's Firearms * St Pete Police Supply - Very community orientated gun shop and very friendly staff.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
They live in Melbourne FL but have a timeshare in Treasure Island. They were telling me that a few blocks over from them a little girl was riding her bike when a van pulled up, knocked her off her bike and took the bike. Then stole a scooter a flew blocks from there.

If anyone is ever in S. Pinellas county check out Ted's Firearms * St Pete Police Supply - Very community orientated gun shop and very friendly staff.
I live in Palm Bay, work in Melbourne. It gets crazier every day.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Contrary to some liberal beliefs, every gun shop I talk to says people are still buyimg large numbers of CC weapons - My DIL now wants to take her CC class and arm up - of course the GS guy tried to push her on a Glock - she told him it had to be either a Taurus or a SA - we'll see.I suggested a 709 or a SCCY
And if national reciprocity actually happens (not holding my breath on that) the people who live in the "May Issue" states are going to be demanding answers of their overlords as to why people who live in reasonable states can carry in their state but they cannot. It might actually lead to changes in those states concealed carry laws, which will lead to more interest from people in those states for CCW type handguns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts