Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone this is my first post, first 44 mag, and first Taurus. Now before I purchase the revolver I looked up reviews and read ALOT of smack talk about Taurus quality and how everyone sends them back to the factory serveral times and the customer service sucking a bit. Well, my experience so far has been completely excellent.

I ran 250 rounds of .44 through her and had absolutely no problems. Smooth firing, almost absolutely no harsh recoil (its a dang pussy cat), I fired 240 gr. of Brass cased, CCI Blazer, and hornady Lever revolution. I had no misfires, no jams, no binds, no lead "splash back", and the smoothest dang trigger pull i have ever felt in double action and single action, And I've felt a colt python. The hideous grip is SOOOOOO comfortable its like a personal love seat for my palm.

Now my question is this.....

I am head over heels in love with this revolver, this is my fifth firearm and i have never had such an excellent experience with a firearm before. The only thing that worries me is the dang INTEGRAL TRIGGER PIN of the Raging Bull. I have read of three occasions where the pins broke off and Taurus was forced to replace the firearms. I live in crappy Kalifornia and would have to Re-Dros the revolver and wait an additional ten more waiting days (which is some old bull, no pun intended)

I am sentimental towards the serial number and want to know just how "delicate" the internal thin trigger pin really is. I plan on pushing this revolver to its limits in the sierra nevadas.

So How long have you owned yours and have you had any issues?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! Since fire arm failure is subjective based on individual experience it is possible that no one has experienced this failure or possibly no one who has reviewed this yet has experienced this. I took a look at the Raging Bull exploded view and parts list. The one beauty about Taurus revolvers are they are very proprietary and share the same internal design across the board (with a few minor differences and thickness(heft) of parts based on frame and caliber). The Raging Bull is no exception and the trigger assembly has a hand pin and trigger spring center pin neither of which are very prone to failure and are probably less likely to fail based on their integral functions in regards to the pressures of pushing the fire arm and the internal functions of the mechanism.

If you're worried about the firing pin malfunctioning you can order a back up firing pin from Taurus since this is not a restricted part. Firing pins may fail however this is not very common and an easy fix if by chance it happens. If for some reason the hand pin or the trigger spring center pin broke it would not normally result in having to replace the fire arm. It would require a trip to Miami since both parts are part of the restricted part list, however neither failure should cause a catastrophic failure of the fire arm. It would probably just lock up. Again neither of these parts are likely to fail.

If you have run 250 trouble free rounds through her, then I would assume you have a solid firearm that will last you a long time. My recommendation is to continue to enjoy your Raging Bull as often as possible!

Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome response sir! Thanks a bunch! So you're absolutely positive they do not result in a replacement? If that's the case I don't mind any repairs and will take it out to the field! Thanks again!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts